The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The author's premise is ill defined; iconic to whom, the manufacturer, the automotive world, society as a whole? The Elise is iconic to Lotus today and the Mini to Mini (duh), but these are rooted in the past, the Miata and Beetle as well. The Prius is more the general icon of a new automotive (stereo)type so perhaps it should be number one.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
really? no corvette? no McLarin F1

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I didn't realise Thomson designed the S2 body. I could have sworn someone else did. :shrug:

·
Registered
531 Posts
IMO since they didn't list the F40 and the McLaren F1 as two of the most Iconic cars of the past 25 years, they don't know what the hell an Iconic car is. To me it looks like they just pulled names of cars out of a hat for this list.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I hate these lists and this has to be one of the worst ones I've seen yet. I dont know why people must try to quantify things that are entirely subjective. Oh, wait, yeah I do. So they can sell magazines or get hits to their site.:mad:

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I hate these lists and this has to be one of the worst ones I've seen yet. I dont know why people must try to quantify things that are entirely subjective. Oh, wait, yeah I do. So they can sell magazines or get hits to their site.:mad:

Pretty much. We have the right to not view it though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
We have the right to not view it though.
But I just HAD to see who was THE definitive, undisputed, derived as statistical fact, most iconic car of the last 25 years! :p

The only other thing that makes me cringe more are the Rolling Stone best songs/albums/guitarists/ect. of all time lists.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts