The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new here but I'm used to seach on a forum and did not found anything close to my problem...

Just bought a New Lotus Elise 2011 SC, today was my second day of joy ride but I ended up pushing to car to get it start.

The engine start well this morning but while we where changing driver I stopped the engine and never find a way to get it start again :-(

Turning the key seems to do all the normal routine; normal light in the dash and I could ear the injection (at least I think it is...). Pressing the "Engine Start" do absolutely nothing.

Battery is OK, and the car could be started on compression.

It's the Easter Weekend, no support from my dealer until monday :crazyeyes

Any help would be appreciate.

Thank You.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have a 2011 also (the R not SC though). Anytime you turn off the car for a few minutes or so you have to reset the alarm (it automatically disables the car if you don't start the car up within a couple of minutes). Hope that helps.

O LEE O

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Any vacuum leaks? Are all the hoses connected up?

If the car starts under compression then the inertia switch is not at fault which is very common as well. Also another common issue is the immobilizer on the alarm system.

Does the fuel pump prime?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have notice for the alarm and it was disable when a try to start the car. Remember that the car start on compression, when a get enough friends to push me (It's a shame :( )

Yes, when I turn the key, the fuel pump prime.

I leave the batterie tender all night and still nothing, BTW I discover that there is an Auxiliary Battery Post in front left of the access panel.

I did check all the fuses and everything was fine. This process did reset some component I beleive because the hour in the instruments panel did reset.

My next attempt would be to remove one post of the batterie and hope it will do a master reset.

Thank you for your reply, but so far not so good :confused:

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Well, I 'd check the starter circuit, remember - those fuses should not be checked "by eye" or just by looking at them. You put an ohm meter on those puppies and check for continuity. Many people here have made that mistake. Then you check to see if your engine start button is working, starter motor, ecu starter enable signal (if there is such a thing).
I'd also read the Uberpost - Sir Lotus's post - and change your immobilizer settings over to "active arming." That's a start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts