The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Elise
105 Posts
I think I've put 6k on mine since February. I bought the car to drive it for sure.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
216 Posts
My 06 had 11k miles on it when I bought it at the end of 2017 meaning the first owner averaged only 1000 miles per year. I only live 3 miles from work so I'm not racking up the miles but I drive it whenever I can and usually take the long way to and from work. I'm easily trippling what the previous owner averaged per year.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Im at 117k miles. Bought with 75k. So I have put roughly 42k miles on in 4 years. It's unfortunate that these cars basically sit.

Reactions: kmhepler

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put about 500 miles on my Elise last week! That is the most I've driven it in "one" week since i got it last September. Did 160 miles in one day going to a drive exotic event Saturday which was unfortunately rained out.

I Moved closer to work a month ago, finally have a garage (no more cover) and my commute is a lot more fun. Previously I used my SUV Mon-Thursday thus my cars name Friday. Had it for almost a year now such a fun car. I wish i wasn't so afraid of damaging the front constantly. The highways are pretty ****y around Dallas and railroad crossings are my kryptonite.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
I can't believe that Corvette number. That seems way too low for a car that is seen out on the road all the time.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Total garbage. How big was their 'study' sample? ??? 10 people (1 car ea!). All those cars are 'good weather' vehicles (even the vette, to a large degree), so miles per YEAR is Meaningless. I consistently put 7-8k on the Elise every SEASON --which sometimes started in April and ended in Nov, and sometimes waited until June and ended in Oct. These arent minivans for soccer moms. GARBAGE.

m1

·
Registered
35 Posts
The prior owner of my car drove it about 500 miles total across three years! Completely inexplicable given the first owner daily drove it, so it's not some 100% mint showpiece with no miles.

I bought mine a year ago and have managed 2k. I drive it to work as often as I can, but with a new baby it's just gotten hard to find chances to use it. But I sure as hell try!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I admit it. It is the low mileage that I put on mine that is causing the average for the Elise to be so low. I put a couple hundred miles a year on mine.

And I don't believe that number for Corvettes.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I'm guilty of this. I bought the car at ~7500 miles and I'm at ~17500 now, so like 1000mi/yr averaged out. Having a few other "fun" cars (and the dangerously aggressive drivers in my neck of the woods) limits how many miles I put on it.

I can't believe that Corvette number. That seems way too low for a car that is seen out on the road all the time.
And I don't believe that number for Corvettes.
I believe it. All the ones you see being driven are outnumbered by the garage queens owned by "waxers" (I learned that term recently) who barely drive them. Also consider that there are a relative ton of Corvettes out there, so its not too hard to imagine rotating segments of the low mileage driver population out and about.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Ours has 25,000 or so. About half on track I suppose.

Should we get extra credit for genuine hair raising miles?

Reactions: Crazy05

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I'm guilty of not driving my 2006 Elise Type 111R enough.... 14,000 miles

I did go out and ENJOY my ride today since its beautiful out!
Life is short...enjoy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts