The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
A few weeks ago, in a different thread, I posted the Elise Alarm Manual in 2 parts: (1) owner's manual; and (2) installation manual. Because the installation manual was buried later in the thread, it seems that a lot of people didn't notice it -- the number of downloads for the owner's manual is a LOT higher than for the installation manual.

The installation manual contains TONS of great info on programming your alarm, so you really want to take a look at it.

So, for those who missed it, here are links to BOTH. Randy -- can we make this a "sticky", to go along with the sticky on the radio manuals?

Manuals can be downloaded in this thread.

·
Registered
543 Posts
pinmagic

thank you much!! 'downloaded the pdf and will print it later.

t. a.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Did anyone get a PIN number for the alarm??

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
relating to the discussion of system sensitivty, whether better from front or rear of car, note the text extracted from fob battery changing discussion

"5. Close the radio control and press button 'A' twice to check
the correct operation of the system.
Do this operation standing close to the vehicle engine
compartment
."

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
reganfin said:
I did, everybody should have that pin and also the pin for the radio if your radio needs that.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Where is it located?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
reganfin said:
Where is it located?
Piece of paper that has the Cobra logo on it. I think it was in the plastic insert on the manual when I got it. It has information on who installed it but I don't recall exactly what other info was on it.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
reganfin said:
What they said - you should have gotten a card with the car that contains the PIN - and the PIN is different for each car/alarm (well I guess it repeats every thousand alarms since it's a four digit PIN). It's not a "universal" code that can be reset if you know the secret...

Same for the radio...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
reganfin said:
Where is it located?
It's on a card that all the keys were attached to initially. The card has a hole in it so the key lanyard can go through it. It's nothing to do with the little piece of paper that says who installed the alarm.

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Battery for remote

What is the battery for the remote? The number?

And can anybody say in plain english how to program the imoblizer to not turn on after 2 min.
I am unable to print the pdf....and even if I could....it is very confusing. Could somebody help us in plain english..

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
tvacc said:
What is the battery for the remote? The number?

And can anybody say in plain english how to program the imoblizer to not turn on after 2 min.
While others have disabled this feature, I don't have a problem with it. After all, the remote is hanging from your key, should you need it.

Also, note that this feature is key for this to be a Category IV alarm, leading to a small but real discount from your insurance. ($108/year for me) I suppose that you don't have to tell your insurance company that you disabled this feature...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Did anyone buy the add-on part #2980:

"Window lift module -
When the radio key ‘A’ button is pressed to arm the system, the car electric windows will raise automatically. It can be fitted to any car
with electrical windows."

And, if so: where, how much, and is it cool?

-=cixel

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Just to be 100% sure, how do YOU arm the alarm? All of the manuals seem to say that simply pressing the larger/main button will fully arm the alarm and that the only signal of that is the locking of the locks and the flashing of the turn signals (cant remember if its one or two). This seems to be the case with my car (tested it out a couple days ago) but I've heard a couple variations.

Apparently some folks have to press the large button and follow it up with the smaller second button, which will then supposedly arm the system and emit a beep. In the manual (pg 16 of the users manual in first post) it sounds like this is arming the system but deactivating the interior sensor.

Is this correct or am I wrong? I'm just hoping that some clarification will clear up any confusion and hopefully prevent someone's wallet (or whatever) from getting swiped.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Shaggy said:
Just to be 100% sure, how do YOU arm the alarm? All of the manuals seem to say that simply pressing the larger/main button will fully arm the alarm and that the only signal of that is the locking of the locks and the flashing of the turn signals (cant remember if its one or two). This seems to be the case with my car (tested it out a couple days ago) but I've heard a couple variations.

Apparently some folks have to press the large button and follow it up with the smaller second button, which will then supposedly arm the system and emit a beep. In the manual (pg 16 of the users manual in first post) it sounds like this is arming the system but deactivating the interior sensor.

Is this correct or am I wrong? I'm just hoping that some clarification will clear up any confusion and hopefully prevent someone's wallet (or whatever) from getting swiped.
You are mostly right. It is the large button that both locks/unlocks the doors and arms/disarms the alarm. The small button is used for "valet" mode, which will turn off the immobiliser for one cycle. You can also program the alarm so that the automatic immobiliser is disabled, and to make the system beep when arming and disarming (in addition to the lights flashing).

PS You can also use the small button by itself to set off the alarm intentionally in a "panic" situation.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
®ob said:
For some reason, I don't see the interior motion sensor mentioned in this manual. Did I miss it?
on the wall behind the seats. it is toward the top right between the seats

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
®ob said:
Yeah...I got that part...but where in the above manuals does it mention it? I'm blind?
Read the section about the alarm system. It should also be mentioned when they talk about the interior light (as in keep it in the down position or the alarm won't function properly).

1 - 20 of 38 Posts