The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I had the special opportunity to "own" a Krypton Green Elise for about 10 days, and at the end of the dream, I had to detail the vehicle. This is the same car that I detailed during Christmas with 8 layers of Zaino for maximum protection. Despite protection still going strong, my goal this time around was to give the car the ultimate wet-look. So, as usual the vehicle was washed and polished with Menzerna Super Intensive Polish and the Ultimate Detailing machine. The vehicle was not clay barred because no surface contamination was present at the time of the detail...THANKS ZAINO. So, after the paint was corrected, I used Clearkote's Red Moose Glaze, then Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax to give the vehicle a dripping wet appearance. Please keep in mind that this combination lasts significantly less time than the Zaino, but it was the summer time so the vehicle wasn't going to be subjected to harsh weather anyway. Plus, a simple carnauba wax could easily be applied in half an hour or less if necessary to further improve durability. As I pulled the car into the sunlight, I saw a deep, rich gloss that I have yet to produce on this car. Mission accomplished! Here are the pictures when all was said and done. Please ENJOY:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a comparison, please feel free to take a look at the 6-hour Zaino package I did on this vehicle during winter, especially page 2. I think the Glaze/Natty's package definitely produced a richer, wetter shine. I do have to keep in mind though that the winter's sun is not as strong as the summer's, which could have effected the photos.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/polished-sealed-8-layers-zaino-elise-50143/

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pictures of an Exige S that my partner and I detailed recently as well. This vehicle was treated to a wash, clay bar, SIP polishing, and 3 layers of zfx accelerated z2 pro, followed by z8. Sorry for the lack of many pictures.

Before (one side):

After (other side):

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
very nice...one of these days I will need to have you work on my elise SC.....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank-you all for the comments. After all the hard work it is certainly good to get compliments. It makes the work worth it. When I drove this car home to the owner I got the sense that people thought it was new. Hehehehe...Little did they know :D

ivan1...I'd love to detail an SC. I've yet to do one.

Jeff and Pamela...Unfortunately, I have yet to visit Minnesota area, but I can probably find you somebody as fanatical about detailing as me in your area. Please feel free to pm me a general area of where you are located and we can go from there.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Here are some pictures of an Exige S that my partner and I detailed recently as well. This vehicle was treated to a wash, clay bar, SIP polishing, and 3 layers of zfx accelerated z2 pro, followed by z8. Sorry for the lack of many pictures.

Before (one side):

After (other side):

[/QUOTE
The Chrome orange Exige S is mine. I can vouch that the Zaino treatment gives great results and holds up extremely well.
Ciro and his partner, who is pictured above did a great job, as well. :)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The paint on the Chrome orange car looks amazing.

However, your camera couldn't catch the right shade of Krypton green. On my computer, the KG car looks lemon yellow.... :shrug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts