The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of pics of Symbolic's demo next to a Gallardo and a 355. Interesting that they are similar in height, but of course the Lambo and Ferrari are overall larger. First time I had seen the final US version, having seen the cars at the LA Auto show in January. A couple of my observations:
* it is just such a radical car and I mean that in a good way!
* the interior changes from LA are all good; the texture on the dash is better and the door sill is now plastic and more scuff resistant
* you can definitely see the clear bra seams on a yellow car--not horrible, but the seams are easy to see
* I am pretty small and you can reach everything you need from the driver's seat--passenger window button, etc
* there is more storage than I thought: net in back will hold a few things, there is a "cubby" on both the driver and passenger side just under the dash that could hold a cell phone, etc; there is a curved aluminum area under the passenger side that could hold some stuff
* overall I think the interior looks really nice
* there is a lumbar support on the passenger side as well
* the solid "thunk" when closing the door has been a bit overstated in my opinion--definitely not the same as a Porsche, Lexus, Maserati, etc
* overall the car "bits" do feel like a small company hand built car and I suspect will eventually lead to some rattles, but just a guess

Bottom line is this is a car for drivers and car nuts(I hope that mine shows up in a few weeks); I met another Elisetalk member there and we are all somewhat out of the same cloth when it comes to cars--definitely not the norm. We love racing, cars and driving is not just getting from one point to another

Had a conflict with the time for the Symbolic visit/party this afternoon so I suspect there will be more info after the others get back

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pic 1

pic #1

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pic2

pic2

Attachments

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Re: pic2

martinm1 said:

that is all fine but you highlighted the ugly yellow car instead of the nice one!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, you are right it was disgusting. You would think they would be more considerate and put a nice car in front of the Elise.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Its funny but from the angle you took your picture the gallardo really looks ugly while the other pictures I have seen of the Liz next to the gallardo made it look good. Bottom line: Liz + $150,000 in my pocket ( not really! ) for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts