The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Just got off the phone with Stu, there shipping out what sounds like a S2.5 from Lotus USA for the Palo Alto Concours d'Elegance at Stanford, even got him to send me a comp ticket (they've only got a handful). He said other then the motor it should be what the US version would look like (he did say something about different bumpers <edt>). Dang Matt, that the weekend of NSR. Wonder about skipping it or playing hookie from work Monday? Stu will allow test drives- if you've got a deposit down with them.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
NSR, it is, haven't been in that area & looking forward to a long run in the '2. The Concours would have been a nice spot to check out the Elise. He's expecting to sell out his year allotment (maybe sales talk) from the show. I'll give him a call in a day or so to "book" a spot, they may get real busy after the show. How does noon sound Matt ? First time seeing a Elise, yeah I'll bring the camera & take lots of photos.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Was going to bring that up with our dealer, but as tough as it was trying to get him to commit to our order # forgot about it. I'll give our dealer a call to check on the car before calling Stu.

mikester, I'll decide by the end of the month if I'm going to the Concorso. If I do will be showing the '2 at the Corral. If you haven't got your ticket already most likely will have a open seat/ticket (1) to get in.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Found out a bit more about the car- it's going to have front & rear bumpers & a styling change to fit them, suppose to be as close to what the US spec will look like,,, until the real one get here.

Matt, we're going have to play it by ear, Stu's not sure when the car will be back from the show, will have to give them a call in the morning to check. By Monday or Tuesday it's gone off to someother show. Talked to our dealer- they'll have to check if they can get it in Aug. They will have a Enzo & S7 to show at the Concorso.

mikester- Yes, it's a MR2 Turbo... for now I should be able to get away with calling it a '2 ;)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Well, we only need the 2.5mph bumper & there was some dead space in there... but yeah got to see what it looks like. Recall reading a online mag that the Elise in crash test would submarine & Lotus would correct it my redesigning the front skin. Guess they had to throw in the bumper too.

When I put a deposit down it was with the old GM & saw the list. Had bug Mike a week or so about the order #(that he wouldn't give me). Asked again, said he'll send out the letter to everybody, stating your order by the end of the month.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Talking about the motor, when I asked Stu, said Toyota or Honda ~185hp. When pressed couldn't/wouldn't say which but they are in line to make it official next month & it is going to be a 4 cyl. I agree once we've got the car & look under the hood, then we'll know for sure (it wouldn't be that bad).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.