The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie here, but have loved the Elise since it was first announced, and have been drooling since they decided to bring it to the USA. Now that cars are beginning to be delivered, I take it that most you ordered your cars long ago. I understand that the first year's production of about 2400 cars is sold out. I am in the Los Angeles area. Some questions:

1. Did you pay sticker if you ordered your Elise in advance?

2. Did some dealers order cars on spec without a customer deposit?

3. If the answer to #2 is yes, how much mark-up are those dealers charging on cars sitting in their showroom?

4. Anybody know where to get a yellow Elise with sport package and body-color hardtop? Fat chance???

5. If I want the car described in #4 above, do I need to order it and wait a year or more?

You guys who are getting your cars now are lucky pups. I drive a modified N/A 350Z, and a bone stock Audi B6 S4. But the Elise is to DIE FOR. :clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
1. Yes, but some people paid a premium.

2. Yes.

3. $13000 extra is the highest asking price that I've seen.

4. If you have money to burn, I wouldn't be surprised if you found one for sale somewhere (not many LSS cars have arrived yet, though).

5. Yes, that would be the polite thing to do.

Where have you been that you just caught on to this fabulous car??

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Richard 350z said:
I am a newbie here, but have loved the Elise since it was first announced, and have been drooling since they decided to bring it to the USA. Now that cars are beginning to be delivered, I take it that most you ordered your cars long ago. I understand that the first year's production of about 2400 cars is sold out. I am in the Los Angeles area. Some questions:

1. Did you pay sticker if you ordered your Elise in advance?

2. Did some dealers order cars on spec without a customer deposit?

3. If the answer to #2 is yes, how much mark-up are those dealers charging on cars sitting in their showroom?

4. Anybody know where to get a yellow Elise with sport package and body-color hardtop? Fat chance???

5. If I want the car described in #4 above, do I need to order it and wait a year or more?

You guys who are getting your cars now are lucky pups. I drive a modified N/A 350Z, and a bone stock Audi B6 S4. But the Elise is to DIE FOR. :clap:
Hi and Welcome to Elisetalk.

1. Yes, most who got on wait lists early are paying MSRP.

2. Yes, As a matter of fact I believe some dealers in Califormia did so. It really pissed many of us off since these same dealers also took deposits and essentially shafted them.

3. Fox Valley in Chicago is charging 57K for the 3 they had on their floor as of this past weekend.

4. Luck of the draw if maybe someone decides to sell or maybe a dealer ordered that on spec. If you really want this combo it's a better idea to place your deposit at a "good" dealer and wait. If you want to see who's bad and who's good, search the posts on this site.

5. Likely. You could also wait for a new dealer to sprout up (10 will this year). If you stay on top of it, you could get your deposit with them and get your car earlier. You should note that Lotus is increasing production in an attempt to fill all existing deposits by the end of the first quater of 2005.

Regards,

Robert

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't just catch on. But I didn't order one either. I like to walk in to a dealer, and drive out the same day with my new car. But I don't like paying a mark-up (especially $13,000 !!!), so I will just wait a year (or two), until the ravenous Elise enthusiasts have been satiated, and then buy one off the showroom floor. By that time it will be time to get rid of the 350Z anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
That's a good looking 350Z. Keep your eyes open, I'm guessing that there will be a few Elises on the used market in the coming months (but likely to cost same as new, at least for the first few months).

Thomas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts