The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking into buying a lotus Elise and have found a nice low mileage SC. I’ve read that the power curve is quite a bit different and was wondering what you guys think that have experienced these cars, which one you prefer , supercharged or non SC?
Thanks in advance
Doug

·
Registered
583 Posts
Supercharger for sure!! Car needs the power. Ideally you'd buy a NA car and do a BOE supercharger as the factory one is way under optimised. but if stock is important to you then SC all the way!

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Another vote for buying a n/a car, and then do the Boe kit. ?️?

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,378 Posts
The stock SC (MP45) doesn't add much power as it heat soaks quickly (no intercooler) and is too small. Buying a N/A Elise and upgrading to an aftermarket supercharger (preferably with an intercooler) will offer a lot more power.

San

·
Registered
102 Posts
I drove Elise cars with and without supercharger, and although the naturally aspirated version is a real hoot when the second set up cams kicks in, you'll find that you don't get the full potential of the car unless you're constantly in the high-rev band. The supercharged model is much easier to drive anywhere on the RPM spectrum. I'm not that good of a driver so I like the more forgiving nature of the supercharged car.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
We started na. Worked on other things mod wise, got a couple dozen track weekends, developed a feel for the car, and my own skill level.

So when we went to the supercharger, was able to appreciate the change. And had developed carrying momentum better than if I’d had more power to come out of the turns.

Power can be a handicap to skill development.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts