The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Elise, Boxster, BMW size comparision photos and more LA show images

The website I used apparently had a daily limit. So, I've just uploaded the photos to Elisetalk.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
The usage limit has been exceeded. Upload them onto EliseTalk perhaps Allan?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay. Let's try this the hard way. I'm on a dial up so this may take some time, but the photo quality should be better, since the upload site decreased the resolution.

Here's the Yelise.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here's one of the Boxster and Elise. I believe the Boxster is about 3-5 inches taller than the Elise. 45 inches vs. 49-50 inches.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The back ends. I didn't have time to manuver them closer, since I was blocking the drive way.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's one with a BMW (540?) in the background. It give you an idea of the Elise's size.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's how it would like if the BMW broadsided the Elise.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what the BMW would like like .003 seconds before impact. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the interior of the Elise. Is that alcantera leather on the dashboard?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I've had a difficult time choosing between red or blue. While I still like the red, I decided to go with Manetic Blue. The blue has sort of radiance that does translate well on images or photosgraphs, which give it a more purplish tone. Made the trip to L.A. worth it!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Nice comparison shots of the Elise vs the Boxster. Just confirms my initial impressions of the Boxster; what an uninspired design. Looks pretty tame next to the aggressive Elise.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
jml1952 said:
Nice comparison shots of the Elise vs the Boxster. Just confirms my initial impressions of the Boxster; what an uninspired design. Looks pretty tame next to the aggressive Elise.
True, but which design will 'age' better? I prefer the looks of the S2 but I suspect an S1 or a Boxster will age better.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Here's the interior of the Elise. Is that alcantera leather on the dashboard?
Yes. All Euro-Elises have a center dash part made of black alcantara (least reflections in the windshield)

Bye, Arno.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts