The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase an Elise within my budget of 34k. I am located near Pittsburgh PA but I have no issues shipping the car from across the country if need be. I haven’t found any on the market in the past few months which is why I decided to make this WTB post.

Must have all recalls done, have a clean title and be mechanically and cosmetically in good shape.

Touring package preferred
Mileage: <60k
Paint Color:
- Chrome Orange
- British Racing Green (not LRG)
- Aspen White

Desirable Mods:
- Baffled Oil Pan
- Toe link upograde
- Aluminum radiator
- Any of the shifter kits
- suspension upgrade (Nitron or similar)
- Aftermarket exhaust

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found this one for sale (06 aspen white) :

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?zip=15047&distance=0&transmission=ANY&sortType=PROXIMITY&sortDirection=ASC&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d554&showToolbar=true#listing=231902491

I emailed about the car and got a pretty generic response. I don't get the feeling they know much about Elises.

Two things jump out to me just from looking at the photos.

1.) The headlight condensation. How big of an issue it this? How common is this?

2.) The wheels look either dirty or pitted from brake dust.

Either way with shipping that is likely a $35k car. Anyone have any thoughts about it?

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bumping this to the top. Only a few orange have popped up and even less white. BRG seems to be a unicorn which is a shame because that's the one I really want. Historically it doesn't look like many have been for sale so I'm guessing that color is actually quite rare compared to the others. Oh well, the search continues!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talking to a seller and it sounds like they are not familiar with the oil line recall. Does the front clam have to be removed to verify the lines? How much does it cost to replace the lines generally? I'm guessing if the clam needs removed this would add a good amount to a PPI cost. Is this a deal breaker?

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
215 Posts
If you contact Lotus with the VIN they can tell you if the recall has been done. Might be other recalls depending on the year.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
215 Posts
And before you ask my BRG is not for sale.?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts