The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced scratches from the silver outdoor car covers? My car is 3 days old, used the cover once and noticed several small scuffs & scrtches.
The cover does not have a soft inner material on the inside of this cover, more of a nylon material on both sides.

What ever happened to the nice soft blue Kimberly Clark covers they used to use on the Esprits?

Not happy...
Bruce -eek-

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I'm headed to the dealership tomorrow to pick up my car and was going to buy a cover. Now I think I may wait and maybe get one from Shinoo. Please verify that you cover is the factory "outdoor" unit.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, It's the factory outdoor cover with the "Lotus" name on the front. It is silver in color.

I liked it because it folded up nice & small to fit in the trunk (boot) too.

:(

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
BMJM,
I bought the evolution car cover from sector 111, this is the blue with soft liner I used one like this on my esprit. Mine will probably only be used occasionally.

I'm not a real fan of covers, as if not careful you can scratch the paint if the car's dirty.
Chris

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
A couple of "Secrets" about car covers is to never use them on a dirty car.

Always fold them up is such a way that the "dirty side" only contacts the dirty side - the clean "paint" side only contacts the clean side. If you don't, then the dirt will transfer to the clean side, and then the dirt may grind into your paint. Make sure that the clean side is always clean...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts