The Lotus Cars Community banner

CF Access Panels on an Elise?

• YES!!! Some company please make one though...

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No thanks. I'd rather leave it stock.

Votes: 33 76.7%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well kinda...I decided to stop by the body shop I go to because I was in the area, and I saw a pair of Exige CF Access Panels uninstalled, so I asked if I could place them on my Elise to see how it would look.

Do you think it looks good on the car? Go or no go???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
One of the things I like most about having a Black Elise is that it better hides the abundance of the black trim. I feel it looks more aesthetic and less toy-like.

No offense, but that seems to be the opposite goal when you change those panels to CarbonFiber.
but that's just me, as I prefer a car look stock vs "tricked out"

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
looks worse with the panels, like buck teeth with a big gap

I say save the cash

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i like them a lot, if you had black wheels they would look really good
I agree on the black wheels.. I think if you did black wheels and threw on a carbon splitter and some craft square mirrors it might look pretty good. It also works a little better on the Elise due to the black soft top as opposed to the Exige with the hard top.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I have a set coming in ...will post pics when installed

·
Registered
213 Posts
Colour match the panels if you don't like the 'look.' I did that with CF hood on my VW for that reason ;)

Get fancy and leave your signature in CF and the rest colour matched.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
I was talking to him about it, but he stopped responding to my e-mails.

How much did they cost you?
That's surprising....Jacob is really good at communicating, I'll let him know as well...

Cost I believe is around $350 or so....ballpark

·
Registered
912 Posts
AW07LE, so it was your car I saw at that shop. My family and I own the apartment complex behind that shop. I usually drive by there every day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree on the black wheels.. I think if you did black wheels and threw on a carbon splitter and some craft square mirrors it might look pretty good. It also works a little better on the Elise due to the black soft top as opposed to the Exige with the hard top.
Ironically, I was planning to order a CF front splitter, CF Side Mirrors, and Black Wheels as well. The access panels I debated on the most because I was not sure if it would ruin the flow of the body lines of the car, but I'm sure with those carbon accents all around, it should look more natural with the CF panels. :up:

I have a set coming in ...will post pics when installed
Yes! Please do!!! :nanner:

AW07LE, so it was your car I saw at that shop. My family and I own the apartment complex behind that shop. I usually drive by there every day.
No way? That's awesome! Yes, my car was at the shop for quite some time there. You should be seeing my car a lot more since I will be starting to modify it starting late fall/early winter ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have you also seen the White Exige at the shop? It's got a lot of mods on it. Rear view mirror delete, Smoked headlights-turn signals-taillights, arqray single tip exhaust and rear panel delete, grey painted side scoops, lowered about a finger gap less in front/back. It's flipping beautiful. Do you get your car taken care of at Famous as well?

·
Registered
344 Posts
If you had it painted to match, It would look good. Personally, I think it looks bad.
Sorry.

What do they weigh?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts