The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have a third-party installed clear bra... Did you go with standard sizes - 12 or 18" or similar? Or custom full front end covered to prevent lines?

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
856 Posts
You can purchase pre-cut kits from Xpel for your 06 Elise. From that, you can pick and choose which pieces you want and how much coverage you'd like. A good shop could also use the files from Xpel and custom cut a sheet for you as well. You can go as far up the clam as you want, just know that wherever you stop, that's where the rock chips start. If there's a place on the clam that is fairly horizontal, that's probably the shortest spot that you'd want to stop the protection. I don't have an Elise so I don't know exactly where the factory Starshield stopped, but Xpel shows two different protection levels for the clam.

https://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-kits/XPEL-US--AND--Canada/Passenger-Cars--AND--Light-Trucks/2006/Lotus/Elise/None

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have kits for sale on Yellowlotus Parts on Facebook

·
Registered
341 Posts
For those of you that have a third-party installed clear bra... Did you go with standard sizes - 12 or 18" or similar? Or custom full front end covered to prevent lines?
If you want OEM (Original Installers at Long Beach Port) give these guys a call. I had them install new PPF (WITH the Lotus etched emblem). They have the files and had them cut on the spot when I took my Elise in a few years ago after a fresh paint job. Im sure they can provide you with more details. Here is the site.
https://starshieldsolutions.com/oem-partners/

·
Registered
22 Posts
I could have sworn the Elise is an A cup rotfl

Jokes aside, I've seen the full spectrum form pre-cut to customer application and can only recommend the custom job. If done properly, it is completely invisible whereas pre-cut bras are visible and often look sloppy in their application.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, I'm just thinking if it's worth it on a 13 year old car
Fair point. Guess it all depends on how you feel about your car. I have a similar vintage collectible that got a fine Xpel job, and then I have my track toy that will just need to live with the damage.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yeah, I'm just thinking if it's worth it on a 13 year old car
Yeah, mine is peppered with chips, front and rear rockers, because the previous owner was a track rat.

I'll only do it once I spring for a complete respray.

Why protect existing imperfections.

Cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts