The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flew down to Marlyand yesterday morning to pickup my Starlight Black 05 Elise. What a gorgeous Sunday driving up the East Coast back here to Boston, 65 and sunny the whole way.

I'm absolutely in love with the car, no wonder so many people here drive the car everyday...what a pleasure. Despite the storms today I had to drive it into work for all of 2 hours before getting it back home before the rain hit. I'm addicted to driving it and all the cabin noise that comes with being an Elise owner.

I'm hooked.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
lol congratz on that car.

you know pictures are mandatory :p

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
if that's your new car in your avatar, then that's a start. congrats!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Congrats you picked a great color!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol congratz on that car.

you know pictures are mandatory :p
Yeah yeah I know, I haven't gotten a chance to take new ones yet with some of my new camera gear so these are from the previous owner..either way it's a reallly good looking car. I love it.

if that's your new car in your avatar, then that's a start. congrats!
Yup that's the same one! Came with some great mods...the rest are sitting in my office awaiting installation.

Congrats you picked a great color!
I couldn't agree more!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
:up: HINT: Buy LOTS of microfiber cloths ! You'll need them.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Starlight is hard to keep clean but when it is SAWEET!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:up: HINT: Buy LOTS of microfiber cloths ! You'll need them.
Used to be a detailer on the side so PLENTY of those lying around the house, freshly washed no less. Right alongside a few bottles of Menzerna and my Porter Cable.:D

What's nice is the car has extra starshield so polishing actual paint will be fairly minimal. Speaking of which can you run an orbital polisher with a really light compound over starshield or just let it be?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
He came, he introduced himself, he posted pics. What a change from what we've been getting!

A warm welcome to you sir. I was eyeing that very Elise in the For Sale section - mine too is Starlight Black and it just looks so amazing all blacked out like that.

May you enjoy many miles of smiles.

Edit - oh, and I wouldn't run anything remotely close to a polisher on the Starshield, especially the edges.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
congrats, and get ready for the onslaught of Batmobile comments!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
congrats, and get ready for the onslaught of Batmobile comments!
Yeah those are already coming! Car definitely looks similar to it which is fine by me :nanner:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Congrats and have fun! I have starlight black too and yes, I get lots of Batmobile comments. I also have starshield and let me tell you, it's easy to scratch so I would not run a polisher on it. I use DryWash if the car is fairly clean and it gives it a nice shine. If you wash the car, make sure there is absolutely no grit on your cleaning clothes otherwise you will scratch it. Anyway, happy motoring and enjoy it!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The car really deserves better pics, but here's a few from the pickup process. I was way to anxious to start driving for good pics!

·
Registered
543 Posts
excellent choice in colour! best of luck to you and your new baby. ours is 4 years old, 12k miles and looks as good as new. we've rec'd a few batmobile comments, though we usually get "that's the best color for that car, man!"

a new member of the SBA?

drive safe and enjoy.
t. a.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Welcome to the Lotus Family! :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
I love that interior pic. The leather covered console is a nice touch.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts