The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you're interested, there is a 2001 Elise registered for display in the Corral section at Concorso Italiano this year. The show is Friday, August 15th, and is located just north of Monterey, CA.

Is 2001 an S1 or S2?

link to corral info

All car nuts owe it to themselves to attend this show at least once in their lives if they are able! This year will feature the US debut of the Lamborghini Gallardo, several Vectors, as well as an appearance by the V16 powered Cizeta Spyder(!).

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone else planning on going to the show? My MR2 will be in the 'miscellaneous' corral this year, stop by and say hi if you see me!

·
Registered
56 Posts
It was my car. Its an S1 built by Lotus in late 2000 but was converted to Honda power by Sun International during 2001 so thats the year I quote. See other posts by me for a picture...

There was another Green S1 Elise 111s, stock UK spec at the event, driving on military plates. A UK Navy person stationed at Monterey for a while.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Sidenote - the event was terrible this year for lots of reasons.

I don't think I'll go back next year. It's too bad they ruined one of the "cornerstone" events of the weekend.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While it was certainly not as great as previous years, I still had a wonderful time. The access to the cars is what makes this show so great - I saw TWO Ferrari Enzos, got to stand behind a Cizeta Morodor as its designer started up the motor (that awesome V16!), a Saleen S7, a couple Lamborghini Gallardos, a Ferrari 360 Modena Challenge, and of course, that beautiful white MR2 in the corral. ;-)

The arrangement of the Ferraris on the green sucked, but they've promised to fix that for next year. Also, next year, visitors will be parking on the golf course and walking to the gate, so no more shuttle bus concerns.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I may split time next year between the new event "The Quail" and the track.

They promised to fix alot of the things that were wrong, but then again, they said that this year would be the best ever.

The level of cars shown was also way down compared to prior years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts