The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I am a new member. I see in the past people have gotten flamed for selling a contract here. Please dont respond to this thread but pm instead. I have a Red/Black leather with Sport and touring package coming in to Palm Beach Motors. estimated as middle of August. Please make offers as a pm and I hope I dont offend anyone.

NSX lover :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I would just like to add a note of caution to anyone considering buying an Elise in this manner - be very wary of buying a contract. Dealers typically are unwilling to transfer an Elise order from one person to another, and on top of that, the paperwork that most people receive when they place an order for an Elise could hardly be deemed a legal contract, it's more of an informal agreement.

If you choose to purchase a 'contract to buy an Elise' in this manner, be sure you convince yourself that the dealer really will support this kind of transaction.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I agree with Matt,

Why will a dealer let a customer profit fo their hard work. Most likelly the dealer won't accept the offer.

Ask the guy for details like position # and call the dealer to see if they are willing to do it. and if his assesment of Aug delivery is true or not.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Who are you working with at Palm Beach?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Miguel said:

Ask the guy for details like position # and call the dealer to see if they are willing to do it. and if his assesment of Aug delivery is true or not.
Absolutely, It'll most likely go down after delievery in which case it'll be as a used car. I'm just down the the street so I can check it out.
NSXTASY:
Have you heard delivery for sure in mid august? Or is it 'supposedly' ready to deliver in mid august? Have they said anything about the LSS holding it up?

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
PM me with your asking price and terms and I will consider it. Just had a right-now deal fall through at the last second.

Stan

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
NSXTASY's post is most likely bogus. I recommend you ignore it, or at least treat it with great skepticism.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
MattG said:
NSXTASY's post is most likely bogus. I recommend you ignore it, or at least treat it with great skepticism.
I'm with Matt on this, NSXTASY if you're for real I apologize, but this smells like a troll.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
babak said:
I'm with Matt on this, NSXTASY if you're for real I apologize, but this smells like a troll.
Most likelly is not bogus since he put his full name on his profile

but I still question if the dealer will honor it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys thanks for all the interest. I understand all the skepticism as I am a new member. I spoke with a salesmen and Ryan at West Palm beach Motors yesterday. There is no problem switching the contract and I have a deal pending. In the future though it would be nice to find out all the information before accusing someone of a bogus offer. Also to all the pm's I did not answer Sorry if this deal falls through I will contact you

Tom Laporta

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I just got off the phone with Ryan at PBMC and He is worried about exposure and is researching the legality of switching contracts. When I get an answer from him I will contact the interested parties. Who knows i might just buy the car and keep it. It is quite a looker

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Miguel said:
Most likelly is not bogus since he put his full name on his profile

but I still question if the dealer will honor it.
I could put my full name in my profile too...

My name is Juan Montoya.

Does that make it true?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Definitely don't act on this yet (in case some lurker thinks he has a good deal). Word so far from Palm Beach is "Who?"...but the possibility exists that it MAY BE real and under a different name.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I can vouch for the name in the profile as being his real name, but I believe his claim is that the spot was given to him by a friend in Florida. I believe the exact claim by NSXTASY was:

"His slot was with a $500 deposit which is taken
off the price so I am getting the car at MSRP. He got it that way because He is a vp for fed-ex and his buddie owns his own business which uses fed-ex and he owns the dealership as well."

So while I can vouch that NSXTASY's real name is Tom Laporta, I cannot vouch for whether or not he really has the spot or who is friend is and whether or not his friend has the spot. Since NSXTASY claims to have spoken to Ryan at the dealership today and Randy has spoken to Ryan today and Ryan didn't seem to know who Randy was talking about, it at least has to give you pause until you receive more details.

I'm sure NSXTASY will be happy to provide those details, but since I'm sure he'll sell the car to me first anyway since he knows me, it probably doesn't matter... ;) ;) ;)

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
NSXTASY, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. But hey, on this message board, we've grown accustomed to having incomplete information and forming our own speculation and rumors from there. Some would say it's gotten out of hand. ;) Hopefully we'll get more down to Earth once our cars arrive!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Well I don't apologize,

I don't care if the offer is real or not. But all the speculation by slot holders and some dealers and people willing to buy over MSRP is going to hurt around 80% of elise talkers when in 3 Months we find out that the MSRP has increased.

I'll wait and see. I still have faith in Lotus.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>But all the speculation by slot holders and some dealers and people willing to buy over MSRP is going to hurt around 80% of elise talkers when in 3 Months we find out that the MSRP has increased. <<<

I disagree. MSRP has little to do with someone buying an early car from someone who changed their mind or whatever. It's about saving a year of time in this case over when cars ordered now can be expected. For some people the premium is worth it and for some it is not. That is what the premium is for - time. It does not mean someone would pay the same thing in a year of waiting on a list. When Lotus bumps the MSRP, they will not reduce the lead time to this week.

In other words it's like buying your Elise at MSRP and being able to choose the delivery [email protected] +0 dollars a year from now above MSRP. Versus @ + XXXX dollars right now over MSRP. If someone wants to do either, this can be done.

I think that Lotus should try to produce enough cars that supply stays a bit behind demand. Not a year of course. That will settle down rapidly. It's possible that in 2-3 months the Elise will be much easier to buy, and at lower premiums for a quick deal. Even now the amounts you can do a deal at are nowhere near what some are trying to ask.

Stan

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Time to raise the "Bullshit" flag.

I am #7 in Palm Beach and when I ordered my car I was the first person getting a red car. I was told a few weeks ago that my car should be here at the end of August. My real name is also Tom, but I am not selling my car and my last name is different than the person who posted, so it is not me in case those that knwo my real name thing I have turned into an ebay scum. I am getting biscuit interior though.

I know the person who is getting the #2 customer car at the dealer but they ordered LSS and they are also getting probably getting their car at the end of August, so I dont see how this person could be getting a car before us since he is getting LSS and cant be #3 on the list.

Plus Ryan said that they wont let people sell spots when I spoke to him a few weeks ago, and the owner of the dealership has a differant last name than LaPorta. Besides the profile says hes born in 1969 or something and retired which doesnt make sense. There a 3 people in Palm Beach County with the same name as him, but the town he lists is in Kansas. One of them also lives in another state, but it is not Kansas. (Dont ask me how I can find this stuff out)

Just curious as to what number spot NSXTASY claims to have since this seems kind of fishy.

If this is legit, I apologize to you NSXTASY, but for now there is more evidence to suggest this isnt true.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Buyer Beware:eek: :eek: :eek:

You have been warned:no:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts