The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the current (avalible) type of adhesive and primer recommended to secure the crash box to the frame? I saw an instructional video on YouTube that recommended carbond 955dg but, I can't seem to locate that product anywhere. Another older thread recommends beta bond, but again I cant seem to locate that either. Also does anyone know if one standard size tube is enough for the job?

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
Were you able to locate a crash box?

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
Let me know found source of adhesive.

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
great then I'll close your WTB I googled and found the adhesive info and also included link to their US ordering.
Joining composites to metal
Adhesive bonding is also an effective method for joining composites with metal components, and can provide protection against galvanic corrosion. Lotus' Elise and Exige models are built around an anodised aluminium tub and feature a composite front module, which protects the tub in low-speed crashes (up to 40km/h) and features a number of integrated functions, including auxiliary light mountings, a heater intake and a tow-bar mount. These two components are bonded together using Betamate 2810 from Dow Automotive Systems.

Dow Betamate 2810LV A/B Polyurethane Adhesive 2X290ml Kit (232749) | Silmid America

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm trying to find a domestically avalible adhesive alternative, that one is showing out of stock, also I still need the radiator shroud from the wtb listing. Thanks!

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
I opened your WTB back up

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
3M makes great products and the 07333 is spec'd by some manufacturers. The main difference from what I can see besides color between the two 3M adhesives is 07333 has longer working time. Either one will work fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts