The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
The PB Racing car isn't the Lotus Racing Elise Cup R apparently - bit more info here: SELOC Forums

Elise Cup R - already public in our Elise Trophy and LCUK Prod race regs but should be a proper brochure in next couple of weeks, once race season finishes. runs to same p2w as other ET cars - 185bhp at hubs (TDI) and 1000kg inc. driver. S/C Elise basically with body kit. First batch that are slightly lower spec i think going to US, not sure if we'll see any race in UK next year but at least it's another option and will probably follow similar markets and route in terms of sales as Exige Cup R. should be at autosport in Jan.

The Elise above that stefano is driving is a 1.6 - one of many Lotus have been trying to shift for a long time. He's putting different body on etc and trying to run one type champ for them.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Interesting. Sector111 has been touting it as the "Cup Elise" and included both images I posted above in their newsletters, but I guess it's not the official car

·
Registered
831 Posts
Whatever, it is a great looking car. So much more subtle than a winged up Exige.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hope they make a front splitter that resembles this, beautiful!:clap:

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
drawing (#3 car) looks awesome

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
The whole package is attractive not just appearance wise but performance and price. Having a factory prepped turn key track car is quite a nicety.

Reported as 220 HP though. Needs more. Way more. At least 50 more.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The whole package is attractive not just appearance wise but performance and price. Having a factory prepped turn key track car is quite a nicety.

Reported as 220 HP though. Needs more. Way more. At least 50 more.
that 220 is NA though (trq around 180ish as well from what i read)? thats like 30 more than what the 2zz was rated at... certainly not a bad start

·
Registered
631 Posts
No, the 220HP (217HP, actually) is supercharged. It is the Exige S powertrain.
Lotus's website says the CupR has the 2ZR-FE with a Magnuson R900 super charger which is the same as the current regular Elise S. I thought the exige s only had the 2zz-ge.

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Lotus's website says the CupR has the 2ZR-FE with a Magnuson R900 super charger which is the same as the current regular Elise S. I thought the exige s only had the 2zz-ge.
Correct :)

That is the current Elise drive train and apart from a re-map is the same as the standard road car engines.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
This car should be the new 1.6L with an water/air Intercooler and a TVS900 from Magnuson making about 220bhp.

Magnuson had the intake at SEMA, fwiw. The car will be peppy at best... But will look cool while being passed:D

Phil

1 - 20 of 21 Posts