The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checkout this Elise drag racing several cars. Kinda cool...pretty fast.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0f4SSiYyCZo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0f4SSiYyCZo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

·
Registered
6,650 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
there is a car to avoid.. :)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
JUST what it was made for !!!!! :up::sheep: Goin in a straight line !! SO Exciting ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Looks like he got smoked by the pickup truck, though.
That is obviously no ordinary pickup truck judging by the burn out and sound ! My previous vehicle was a 5.9litre V8 very modified torque monster pickup truck that would smoke most any "fast" car in the 1/4 mile..... Its all about how much money you sink into a vehicle and time spent dialing it in if you want to win drag races, the choice of vehicle does not really matter. I have seen Chevy Vegas and Ford Pintos that would beat an Enzo or Porsche GT in a 1/4 mile race....

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Ahhh... ahhh... ahhh... AAAGAYCHOOOO!

Gesundheit.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Too bad there wasn't a stater on the highway run. I sure hope the road they were on was a closed one.
I don't know anyone that would buy an Elise for straight line speed, much less drag race it. Then again, we are all individuals so we can all do as we please...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
he stated that the road was closed off for this in other thread...

Also, im not sure why people are giving him crap about 1/4 runs....who the F are you do decide what the car is made for...if you dont like it, dont watch it...its a-holes like you that give the whole Lotus name a bad image in the US and why people you see a lot of hate towards Lotus from other drivers... get off your high and mighty horse already... Most people on here dont even track their car, they buy carbon fiber center consoles to lighten the car rather then learn how to drive it...

·
Registered
580 Posts
wtf was in that pickup truck
Some kind of Chevy V8 with a turbo or two. The fact that he was lighting up drag radials for a half mile should give a pretty good indication of the power it's making.

As for the Lotus, typical Chrome Orange driver... rotfl :D ;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
May I please have the last 7:17 of my life back?

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
he stated that the road was closed off for this in other thread...

Also, im not sure why people are giving him crap about 1/4 runs....who the F are you do decide what the car is made for...if you dont like it, dont watch it...its a-holes like you that give the whole Lotus name a bad image in the US and why people you see a lot of hate towards Lotus from other drivers... get off your high and mighty horse already... Most people on here dont even track their car, they buy carbon fiber center consoles to lighten the car rather then learn how to drive it...
1. It's pretty obvious - at least to anybody with any inclination towards mechanical things or any understanding of what properties make the fastest drag racer - that the Elise wasn't engineered with such activity in mind.

2. No one person can give a group of other people a bad name. It is only the perception of morons that draws any conclusion about a group from the behavior of one or a few.

3. Person A bashes the behavior of Person B, and then you bash the behavior of Person A, are you any better than that person? The only one that hasn't bashed anybody in that threesome is person B.

xtn

·
Registered
531 Posts
I don't see what is so wrong with drag racing a Lotus. If Lotus didn't want it to go fast in a straight line they would have just put a 75 HP engine in it.
Yes handling is the Elise's forte, but it is pretty quick in a straight line also so why not race it?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Who cares what what you think it was engineered for, he paid for it, he can do what he likes with it... Also, how many people on here actually use it for what you say it was engineered for....5-10%? why dont you start bashing the people that use it as a daily driver or the people who treat it like a garage queen. I dont see you posting in the threads of people who just spend a weekend detailing the car that it was pointless to make it look nice, that they should just get it out on a track because thats what it was made for...

1. It's pretty obvious - at least to anybody with any inclination towards mechanical things or any understanding of what properties make the fastest drag racer - that the Elise wasn't engineered with such activity in mind.

2. No one person can give a group of other people a bad name. It is only the perception of morons that draws any conclusion about a group from the behavior of one or a few.

3. Person A bashes the behavior of Person B, and then you bash the behavior of Person A, are you any better than that person? The only one that hasn't bashed anybody in that threesome is person B.

xtn

1 - 20 of 30 Posts