The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody towed an Elise/Exige in an enclosed trailer with a 7 foot wide box? I am looking to go smaller than my 8.5 foot wide Pace Journey. Feedback/pics would really be appreciated!

Jeff Bennett

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
You going to winch in the car, climb out the top, or get a 7-foot trailer with a door door?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Escape door

I am going to get an escape door.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think you will still have to winch it in unless the floor goes over the wheels and the escape door is low enough...

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I think you will still have to winch it in unless the floor goes over the wheels and the escape door is low enough...
My Wells Cargo door door works fine for the Elise, although I do use the little riser blocks I made for the Stag just cause they give a little more assurance that I won't scrape the bottom of the car door. I only have them on the left side of the car. Tilting the car to the right a bit is all it takes.

They have little cleats on the bottom that engage the E-track, and I have marked the floor so they go the correct places for either Stag or Elise.

It is SO nice to be able to open the door all the way. I'm sure the folks at the Corning LOG got tired of hearing about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts