The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Search for it on this forum. A forum member created it.

There is no need for anyone else to post in this thread.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did. The result is attached.

You'll see there is one thread, the first one, which is about the item being for sale, and a discussion about how it needs to be developed better.

The other threads listed are either for sale or seem to be about another topic.

But since you've requested that others need not reply, I guess i won't worry about it (your avatar doesn't mention that you are a moderator able to make this call, but I'm the new guy around here so I won't rock the boat).

Without further information available I'll just err on the side of safety and not purchase or use this device.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
The product is awesome. No problems using it at all. It's developed fine and works fantastic. It's well worth it and I quite like mine.
Hopefully the ebay seller is Jim Clayton, who originally made it. I'm sure it is, but if you find to be otherwise please purchase it from Jim since it was his invention.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have one of the newer style (fatter beam) jack helpers and it works well. In fact, the pictures that the ebay seller gives a link to in their ad are of my car.

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=738204&postcount=44

It is intended to be used with the diffuser on and there is no problem doing so. I use it when I want to have the rear of the car up with the wheels off. I simply use the jack helper to raise the rear, insert jack stands and then lower the car down onto the jack stands. It is just an occassional use thing for me. Most of the time I just back my car up Rhino ramps and drop the diffuser (oil changes and such).

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks BaySailor and SweetD... That kind of feedback is very helpful. I may look into it after all.

And I'll def purchase from Jim. I'm always down with supporting the community whenever possible. :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I loved mine. Worked great. Jim rocks. I just wish I didn't forget and leave it in the boot one time when I autocrossed. That was not good.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
I loved mine. Worked great. Jim rocks. I just wish I didn't forget and leave it in the boot one time when I autocrossed. That was not good.
Don't feel too bad Randy. Jim, IIRC, left his hanging on the diffuser bolts and later went for a drive, although I don't think his did any damage when it fell off...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
The ebay listing is indeed mine. I managed to sell a few on E-bay. I was surprised, I thought everyone was a member of LotusTalk.

I had to raise the price on Ebay, the fees are ridiculous.

LotusTalk membership has it's privileges.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I cringe every time I think of that chunk of steel loose in your trunk.

Especially during an autocross run. Nightmare.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
how about everyone who's posted a favorable review, pop on over to the principal Jack Helper thread and post your comments there, if you haven't already done so? there's eight pages of posts, yet not enough data for a buyer to take a decision. :shrug:

this thread is clearly redundant and is not going to come up in a title search due to the use of " 's around the term jack helper.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I have one of the newer style (fatter beam) jack helpers and it works well. In fact, the pictures that the ebay seller gives a link to in their ad are of my car.
Your pictures came out great. I have tried 3 or 4 times to take my own.

No luck. Thanks for letting me reference them (without permission).

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I guess I am on Ace's ignore list.

I'm bitter because the one I ordered (secondhand) was lost by the Post Office. I got an empty cardboard box that had "Contents may have been lost or damaged" stamped on the side.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
My original, personal, one of one, jack helper was narrow.
All sold/shipped are 3" wide. I tossed my original in the trash.
Someone (sorry forget who)
suggested to widen the original. It was a great suggestion.

The original thread is a little confusing. It was a work in progress type of thing.

I include some safety tips in the packaging. I had help with those too.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how about everyone who's posted a favorable review, pop on over to the principal Jack Helper thread and post your comments there, if you haven't already done so? there's eight pages of posts, yet not enough data for a buyer to take a decision. :shrug:

this thread is clearly redundant and is not going to come up in a title search due to the use of " 's around the term jack helper.

I removed the quotes, even though the search engine should be able to parse those out of the database.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts