The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you recall, Kevin (KMT63) was doing these a couple of years ago.

Apparently, they are a b*tch to make. I bought this one off him - it's NOT carbon, but fiberglass. I had it covered in black alcantara to match my custom interior.

Would up going a different route and this has been sitting in my garage for 2 years. You can use it as is (covered in alcantara) or if you want to it to match your OEM car, I'd probably remove the alcantara, sand it, prime it and hit it up with Duplicor 'Black Trim Paint' which matches our interiors perfectly.

Follow this thread to see the pics of it in my car and what others have done:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/elise-exige-carbon-glove-box-78224/

Paid $200 and then whatever the shop charged to cover it. Yours for $150 shipped.

PM me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I read through the thread, but i'm still not clear on how it installs. will you be including the gap fillers?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are no gap fillers and there's no install - it basically wedges itself into the tray. O

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the pics of it RAW.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some more pics. Again, it's been covered in black alcantara on the outside and a black fuzzy material on the inside (like the inside of a glove box). Part of the alcantara has been trimmed away so it fits in the tray (no worries as this area is hidden). The finished area of the alcantara is in perfect shape. You can use it AS IS, or if you want it to match, you can remove the alcantara/sand/prime/paint - either matching body color or Duplicolor Trim Black (whcih matches OEM plastic PERFECTLY).

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Off topic...

What's the point of having a glove box that locks if someone can pull it off easily?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
give me my second cam!
451 Posts
Off topic...

What's the point of having a glove box that locks if someone can pull it off easily?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Most average thieves do not know much if anything about our cars and do not know that its detachable in the first place. If the thief is a fellow Elise or Exige owner you are screwed.

·
give me my second cam!
451 Posts
Personally I think its a clean and sanitary way to actually have a real working and useable glovebox. Free bump for a good idea:bow:

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Another free bump because I also have one of these and it's a great accessory and a very good deal at this price. It's a snug fit once it's in, and not obviously removable. If the alcantara's not your thing, strip it off, a little sanding, and spray paint to match whether you have the glossy or sensosoft trim. It looks factory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts