The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side mirror glass is rattling so I want to attach it better, so I want to remove the black plastic part (#4). The manual says to carefully pull on that piece starting from under the rubber bellows. Any more suggestions beyond that?
Beyond that I want to try making the mirror power (sadly I would want to try the pass side first), does anyone know of an available power mirror option? If I have to make my own is there enough of a market to try to make repetition easy? I happen to have an integra mirror and a few control switches lying around.
EXIGE12MY091.jpg

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Because of the way the entire mirror moves, making it power would be an entire redesign of the way the mirror is built. You could possibly make it look the same, but it would be very fragile. Conventional power mirrors have a completely fixed housing and only the mirror surface moves.

·
Registered
954 Posts
The Elige mirrors are off a Rover 200. I think they did have an electric option. I think the two plastic studs coming from the bellows need to be shortened to fit the Elige mirror plinths. I have not looked to see if wires could be routed through the original solid mirror plinthes and the new V6 style plinthes come bonded together with the bellows and outer joint, so not sure if they are compatible with the electric mirror.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My thought was to make the mirror glass move, I agree that moving the body would be too complex and weaken the system, REKIII
I did find that someone said it was a rover part, but didnt zero down the model, I'll definitely look into that, thanks TedR

·
Registered
10 Posts
They were also used on the Rover100 and late mini metros, MGF and MGTF but I'm not sure they had powered options. From what I can see/find the Rover 200 from 96 to 99 had at least the option of power mirrors.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, found power heated mirror for rover 200. Is that just heated by power (electricity), or heated and power adjuastable? Doesnt say, and pic is too crumby to see how many wires it has. For 80 bucks not sure I want to take the chance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts