The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Awesome project.

Did you consider a center seat?
Do you think the Sun Speed mounts place the drive shafts in too acute of an angle? The mounts are for an s1 chassis was it difficult to modify them for the s2?
What are the plans for the k20 to hit the HP target?

Great work, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
re: Mounts, etc.

This car had a Honda engine in it before. It was a grey-import non-Toyota-engined car, originally.

Drive-shaft Shop said that their new axles can handle more angularity. They certainly appear very strong. I used Corvette outer shafts, since I went with Corvette bearings, anyway.

I am using a turbo good for 500hp +. I will run 20psi boost. The trany internals have been slightly modified.

I am waiting for a dry-sump pump. Also work is keeping me out of town...

Anton

Awesome project.

Did you consider a center seat?
Do you think the Sun Speed mounts place the drive shafts in too acute of an angle? The mounts are for an s1 chassis was it difficult to modify them for the s2?
What are the plans for the k20 to hit the HP target?

Great work, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Any more pics of the car out of the garage, front, rear and side? I'm curious to see how the car as a whole ends up looking. With that wide rear clam and big side scoops, it looks so much more aggressive and exotic - if only this were streetable!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
re: Widebody pics

The engine is in for the final install.

I will have more pics when we put it all together, probably, by the 12th.

The body kit is streetable, the car is not :)

Anton

Any more pics of the car out of the garage, front, rear and side? I'm curious to see how the car as a whole ends up looking. With that wide rear clam and big side scoops, it looks so much more aggressive and exotic - if only this were streetable!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pilbeam says that there is a balance bar, but it does not have a remote adjuster. Seems like a good piece of kit. I am just used to Tilton...

pilbeam now offer their own 90` drive and dash adjuster with which you can adjust the balance of the brakes and they offer a liteweight fabricated throttle pedal for cable operated systems......

www.pilbeamracing.co.uk

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
re: Tilton

I have been used to Tilron.

So, I used a 3-pedal kit 600-series kit, floor mounted, with short masters and remote adjuster.

Seems to work fine. Lots of choices for throttle connection and master cylinder sizes.

Anton

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
re: Tranny

So far I took low-cost road.

Treated stock gears.

Carbon clutch. these are easier on the engagement.

Torsen LSD. They put less heat in the oil and no limited slip additive is needed.

Tilton pump and cooler for tranny and RedLine fluid.

We will see what happens.

With Honda there is M-factory, Albins, PPG, Quaife and a few other racing boxes or gears.

I was told that REM treated stock will hold up to road racing.

Anton

·
Registered
139 Posts
take a look at Gear-X for gears, and Kaaz or ATS if you want to upgrade your torsen to clutch type.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
wing mounting

Mounting the wing to the suspension i.e. upper A-arms is the right way to do it, since the downforce is applied directly to the tires instead of springs. The amount of traction and downforce becomes unlimited.

Unfortunately, disallowed in all racing classes.

Anton

On the wing. The old Can-Am look makes me think of the old Can-Am days.

Maybe its time to rethink the ideas of old. What about mounting the wing directly to the rear suspension, not the body?

Can-Am McLaren M8B - Profile and Photos by Pete Lyons

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
re: Progress

I am back in town and trying to finish the car to shake-down before the snow comes out.

Working on 2 problems:

1. Pulleys for oil pump and alternator. Almost solved...
2. Need smaller turbine housing. On backorder till Thursday?

The car makes good power at 20psi boost of 520whp. My target is 25psi, my power target was 500. It just comes on boost at 6500, my target was 5000.

The Honda motor runs pretty cool. With my rad and electric water pump and a single fan (the dyno shop's fan), we cannot get the water temp above 160. I am contemplating a thermostat :)

Final pics and power coming.

What initial setting should I run on Nitron 3-ways?

Thanks,

Anton

61 - 80 of 150 Posts