The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Are we going to see you at Mosport this coming weekend?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Uglyduck, did I meet you at Mosport a few weeks back?

I'm planning on being there this Sunday DDT and Monday GP.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yes, that was me. I was running the 7 at the BEMC Spring Trophy Race. What is going on at the DDT on Monday? I am looking for some testing time in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Some dry sump pics

Pics. Head and front hub is off.

Will post pics when putting head back on.

Anton

Attachments

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
re: Wheels and tires

Dymag CF wheels 18x10 with 285/30
Fikse 18x11.5 with 315/30

Just R6's I had sitting around.... traction is OK. :)

Dymag managed to go out of business before I could get the rears made. 18x10 was originally for my M3. They are very light. (Hubs have been designed raise the spindle to accommodate greater tire height.)

Anton

Holy ****
What size wheels are those

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
re: Quaife

Driver's side rear of tranny case where the gear position sensor goes is very close to the frame rail. Stock K20 is similar. It still fits and works!

Also driver's side CV joint and boot is pretty close to the case. A little grinding was involved... My CV joints are bigger Porsche-style from DriveShaftShop (2.9).

FYI.

Anton

Whats very close

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Blade adjustable sway bar

Modified my sway bar with a cabin-adjustable mechanism. Otherwise, known as blade sway bar. Commonly used in Formula, Indy and other race cars. Outlawed in Trans-Am and some other race classes.

Adjust the stiffness of a sway bar from the comfort of Your cabin! Or choose a different setting for every corner!

Enjoy the pics.!

Anton

Attachments

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
re: Blade Sway Bar Cost

I already had the sway bar that was all mounted. I modified one side for the blade. My sway bar was a little big at 1.25"... So it was either this or buying a bunch of bars and trying them out. Interesting observation is that my bar is 36" long. NASCAR standard is 37". It would fit. There are at least 50 bars on sale on ebay, now. :)

There is only one supplier of blades. It is HRP. It can be found at HRPWorld web site. So prices are not a secret. Not including the sway bar, the other arm, and all the links, $800. (I think, I bought the bar and accessories from them, also, about 4 years ago.)

Anton

nice! how much did this sway bar setup cost if you don't mind me asking?

101 - 120 of 150 Posts