The Lotus Cars Community banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
130mph or 210kmh down the 1/4mile front straight! :)

I never bought drive axles to handle fool boost in 1st. It is funny that the spec from DriveShaftShop is 3700lbs.ft. is above 3500 in 2nd but below 4700 in 1st and it busted the CV right on 1st (erroneous) try. :)

Anton

What a drag. Saw you stranded out there. Let's hope the next time I see you the car can be used in anger. The few times I saw you down the straight were really impressive.

·
Inactive
831 Posts
My experience of drive shaft shop stuff is that you have to get the level 3ish 650-850 hp sets just to be the same strength as Honda stock. However at some point they do work because my employees drag car is putting down over 800 ftlbs / 1100 hp and the axles don't break, obviously with large shock loads too.
In my Lotus we got Weismann (McLaren F1 etc etc) to make the axles, no problems in 7 years, but then I'm not making much power.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Getting new 300M axles from DriveShaftShop

The original axle was fine, till I used 1st at full boost. that was not my intention. This type of behaviour will probably destroy the transaxle quickly, also.

Getting new 300M shafts. They are 5.9 spec... The Honda size is just too small. I used to break shafts om my other car all the time. Cryo treationg completely eliminated the problem Fist shaft I treated was the last shaft I used (still in the old car).

Here are pics of broken shaft. It is a clean torsional sheer!

Anton

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Really cool looking project. Also the first time I've even seen pictures of dymags on a car actually being used.

Out of curiosity, why do you run without the roof?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
re: No roof

This is a funny question. why no roof? I hate convertibles. I find my head gets too hot from the sun and my hair gets dirty. I had a TR6 a long time ago.

I find the ventilation better with no roof in the race cat. The roof is not structural. I have a full cage. Also, I did not latch it properly, once... The CF roof did not get damaged, but the explosive noise it made when it came off surprised and scared me. :)

Anton

Really cool looking project. Also the first time I've even seen pictures of dymags on a car actually being used.

Out of curiosity, why do you run without the roof?

141 - 150 of 150 Posts