The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Maybe reading through the entire uberpost should be a requirement before your first post...
Great Idea, since it is already a sticky, lets rename it...
"Sexy Girls and Hot Cars"

that would do the trick....

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I wonder if, after logon, the default page could be a blank white page with two links:

1. Uberpost

2. other forum content

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
hey any directions for removing the spark plugs? anything i should know before pooping the cover?

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
hey any directions for removing the spark plugs? anything i should know before pooping the cover?
If you poop the cover, use plenty of lube.

Otherwise, no big deal. Just take off the cover bolts, remove the cover. Pull the plugs by grasping the end (not the wire)...pretty basic stuff. Use a socket that holds the plug end (rubber insert) and a long extension.

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
I am sure someone has a spec. Me, I am old school. Coat the threads with oil. Carefully start by hand (!!). Tighten until snug. Turn 1/4 turn more.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I am sure someone has a spec. Me, I am old school. Coat the threads with oil. Carefully start by hand (!!). Tighten until snug. Turn 1/4 turn more.
Carefully start by hand (!!):huh: how do i get my hand down there?

·
Forum Founder
29,080 Posts
Carefully start by hand (!!):huh: how do i get my hand down there?
DIET!

I mean start the threading by using your hand to turn the extension. In my opinion, you can be more careful that way than starting with a wrench/ratchet.

·
Registered
888 Posts
what tq to tighten down the spark plugs?
Typically, the torque spec is marked on the plug box, but the owners manual for the Matrix motor says "13lb/ft to torque plugs" (without using anti-seize).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey all, I'm Pete and I'm yet another new guy here. I'm a Lotus service rep in Birmingham, Michigan at Auto Europe, and I've got a ton of stuff to learn here. I used to be a developmental test driver in the auto industry, and now I get to teach people how to use their toys at company track days. Life is good.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Hey all, I'm Pete and I'm yet another new guy here. I'm a Lotus service rep in Birmingham, Michigan at Auto Europe, and I've got a ton of stuff to learn here. I used to be a developmental test driver in the auto industry, and now I get to teach people how to use their toys at company track days. Life is good.
Welcome Pete :wave:

sounds like an awesome job. You will learn a lot here among other weird things lol

enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I wanted to say thank you to everyone here that has contributed to the Uberpost thread; it is an enormous help for all Lotus 111-ers, present and future.

I'm not new to sports cars or Lotus forums...just signing onto LotusTalk as this forum is much more active than "PSC". I am shopping for an '05-'06 Elise and hope to join the ranks sometime this year. Thanks to the great people on this forum it's making the shopping and buying process much wiser and comforting!

Cheers,
Ryan

41 - 60 of 108 Posts