The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded my base Bilsteins to Quantum Zero with 400 front and 550 rear spring rates. While there is a noticeable improvement in cornering, the ride is quite a bit more bumpy. I like to compare my setup with another Elise/Exige with either Nitron Street or Nitron Single if possible. If anyone in the San Jose/Milpitas/Cupertino area that have Nitron or any other aftermarket setup that have some times for a quick meet and allow me to sit in their car for a quick ride, please give me a PM. I would really appreciate it.

Quinn

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
How high does it sit now? Can you achieve the suggested ride Height? Did you do a corner balance?

I did this once with the Track Pack shocks. Car always sat high, some people said it looked like a rally car. Only way I could get it to balance properly was put 16 pounds of lead in the passenger floor.

Most of all for track and autocross I had way to much rebound, car would hop in hard cornering.

Finally sucked it up and put some Nitrons on with a BWR adjustable roll bar. Handling was night and day!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's at F=~123mm and R=~128mm (recommend setting is F=120mm and R=125mm with +/-10mm), so I think my current setting is still in the allow range. Corner balance will be next on my list after the waiting for the springs to settle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts