The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I understand that this is more than likely a very personal question and from what I've been reading on the few threads that I was able to find on comparing the elise and the exige but nevertheless, I defer to those who are far wise than I when it comes to the lotus :bow:

A brief background... I've always been a lotus fan, though to be honest, more casual than hardcore. However, lately I've been thinking about joining the club. My current car at the moment includes a RS6 and while I am more than happy with the way it performs, the fact that it is a 2 tonne car makes it impractical if I want to slosh around the local mountain roads. Especially having driving the Julian roads down here in SoCal a few times with it, the RS6 just isn't meant for that sort of work. And so I thought, what is the other extreme of a 2 tonne car? :panic:

So, to sum it all up, I am really looking for a car to complement rather than replace my RS6 and would like you fine folks' input!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Elise or Exige? Why not one of each?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ive been looking at an Exige for a little over a year but am now considering getting a SC Exige. I hope when Im in Chicago this week I can really compare the two a little closer. Guess it depends on what you want it for. Im most concerned about the lack of visibility with the rear view mirror in an Exige.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Im most concerned about the lack of visibility with the rear view mirror in an Exige.
I can't figure out why. How often do you sit in the car backwards?

xtn

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you're looking for enjoyment, go with the Elise. If you're looking for performance/trackability, go with the Exige.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm going to have to disagree with Duffman. If you are looking for enjoyment, performance, and trackability, buy a Lotus :). Whether it's an Exige or Elise, does not matter.

I purchased an Elise because I like the style of it better. I prefer the cleaner look and I always have the top off. I carry the soft top in case of rain and that's about it. I'm not sure if the Exige has a soft top or not.

If you are concerned about rearward visibility, the Elise has some but not much. You pretty much see between the seats and that's it. I only use it to see what is behind me and it's almost useless for parking and what not.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I waited for the Exige to be released based solely on looks. It was a little more aggressive looking and it happened to come with a blower, which is always a good thing. Visibility is limited, but you get used to it.

No bad choice either way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts