1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
very boring looking! 168 hp + 2200+ pounds... not sure thats very close.... plus.. its a vw. maybe girlie boys may like it but not the auto enthusiast that are attracted to the elise. imo.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
t3h article said:
....if and when the production version debuts in 2011, the coupe's curb weight is pegged at just over 2,200 pounds, allowing it to run to 60 in under seven seconds while still returning over 55 mpg.
Sounds like a convertible Prius. 55MPG? Sh*t I'd rock one of these for a daily driver, I'm just pleased that it's R(ight) Wheel Drive :) LOL!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
55mpg tho, not a bad option for those who want Prius/Smart car fuel economy in a better handling package.

It's nice to hear about companies coming out with "Elise Killers", which just goes to show that the Elise set the bar for lightweight performance.

it's also safe to say that if VW did come out with such a convertible, - a 200+ hp model might also be a future possibility.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Looks like an ugly Solstice wannabe. ( and I'M a VW guy ! )

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
ugh, no thanks.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
very boring looking! 168 hp + 2200+ pounds... not sure thats very close.... plus.. its a vw. maybe girlie boys may like it but not the auto enthusiast that are attracted to the elise. imo.
Looks like an ugly Solstice wannabe. ( and I'M a VW guy ! )
ugh, no thanks.
Neither one of the cars pictured is the new VW to be "unveiled" in LA.

The blue one on the top is the Concept R from 2003 and the yellow one below is the EcoRacer from 2005.

·
Registered
205 Posts
even if it does come out in other parts of the world, it will never make it here stateside.

Q. raise your hand if you have bought a VW Eos or know someone that has?

I have lost faith in VW/Audi, and I'm on my 2nd Audi :sad:

Where is the:

S3?
A2/S2?
Microbus?
R32 with a 6 speed?

:shrug:

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
VW is struggling here in the US. Audi, on the contrary, is steadily climbing and coming closer to BMW's success.

VW's problem is they keep trying to turn their cars into luxury cars and that drives the price up. People don't care about luxury features. If they did, they'd buy an Audi. All they want is a European car for cheap.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well it does weigh less than the Evora rotfl :wallbang::wallbang:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts