The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you seen the elise advert supposedly directed by Ken Russell? It's footage of some elise fanatic (like us all) putting together a scrap book of the new 111R, the werid thing is he wrote my full name in the book and put the book in envlope with my home address on it! it was amazing, i thourght this was some sort of computer trick but this morning the same envelope with the type writer label with my name address that he wrote arrived with the post! Did anyone else get this? It was the exact same one in the advert it's full of amazing drawings, and storys, news paper and mag clippings, poloroids of his car, maps of were he drives his elise, and an invite for a test drive!!! nice! i put in a picy of book! I wanna know if anyone else got this??? :eek:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
That sounds great. My hat is off to Lotus, what a great idea. I thought MINI had all the great ideas! ;)

I'd guess this is a UK ad program only. They needed a creative marketing campaign to generate some interest/excitement for the 111R. No such inducement is required by the long deprived Lotus fans in the US.

Though I sure would like to get that maiiling...:)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
shinoo said:

Though I sure would like to get that maiiling...:)
Ditto, deprived and deranged we might be but why should that keep us from marketing cutsies?

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
How cool !!!!

Wow... I take it back about not liking the ad! That's a really cool idea. Not sure about the privacy of information, though?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I think Hugo has a vested interest in this..ie, I think he has something to do with this ad and is self promoting it acting like he has nothing to do with it.

I dont think I like it too much. If I want something sent to my house, I'll ask.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I entered my contact info on the website associated with this ad figuring that I would never get the mailing as it's clearly targeted at the folks in the UK and I live in Seattle. But no, there it was in the mail today. It's a cool piece. I do print for a living and they've done some cool things with materials and repro techniques. I like it, and I note that it cost them 2 Pounds for postage.

·
Registered
394 Posts
andykeck said:
I entered my contact info on the website associated with this ad figuring that I would never get the mailing as it's clearly targeted at the folks in the UK and I live in Seattle. But no, there it was in the mail today. It's a cool piece. I do print for a living and they've done some cool things with materials and repro techniques. I like it, and I note that it cost them 2 Pounds for postage.
What web site is this? I want one!

Adamp

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I got nothing. :(

And I have been big Ken Russell fan since the mid 70s.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Randy Chase said:
I got nothing. :(

And I have been big Ken Russell fan since the mid 70s.
Since I just got mine yesterday, maybe yours will follow shortly.

It does seem odd to me that they wouldn't clean their lists to purge addresses outside of the area where the car is available. I got a good laugh out of the nice note encouraging me to stop by the closest dealer listed on the sheet. All in the UK, of course.

If you don't get one soon, let me know. I'll send you mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts