The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I like Shoe Goo for stuff like that since (a) it bonds to rubber and (b) it is flexible instead of brittle.

That being said, I have used the built-in option on the alarm so I don't have to use the fob anymore. I just lock/unlock with the mechanical key. I leave the fob in the car just in case something resets and I need it, but that's not happened yet.

·
Administrator
2,037 Posts
Reactions: mattjk

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Search Amazon for "lotus key fob" and you can get the entire fob for less than $10. Ebay has them too and you can find just the broken part. I think I have 3 replacements if you cannot find them.

Reactions: Lotus Bear

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I fixed mine earlier this year and its a direct replacement. I wish all things were this easy to fix. Got mine off of ebay.

·
Less is Better
2,678 Posts
I bought one with a ring instead of the rubber dongy. No more breaky breaky.

You can also get just the dongy if your into that kind of thing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought one with a ring instead of the rubber dongy. No more breaky breaky.

View attachment 1267478

You can also get just the dongy if your into that kind of thing.
Thanks! I just ordered one of these. No more worrying about my rubber breaking!!!

Here's the link:

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3395, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
344 Posts
Reactions: SS Lotus Elise

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,181 Posts
I broke two of the rubber pieces and went with this solution and it really classed up the keys. I think the design is supposed to be reminiscent of the spoke on the sport pack wheels. Looks great, feels great and I never have to worry about replacing it again.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
809 Posts
One of mine had a fishing swivel in place of the rubber bit when I bought the car. Works fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts