The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a response in the "Canada" section of the Regions of this site, of someone who placed an order at the local dealer and he was told that the Elise is not ready for the Canadian market.

Can anyone else confirm this? If so, have you heard when it is expected to arrive (or worse off, if at all)?

Thanks. I hope I'm not building my hopes up for nothing...

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
For a while now, it was not being sold in Canada. I heard some rumors that this might change next year. Some dealers I think were optimistic and taking names and/or deposits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reply from Dealer in Montreal

I received this from the dealer in Montreal a few days ago. I actually have had a deposit with Weissach in Vancouver for over a year now, but thought I would ask another dealer to see if the stories were consistent. Weissach has also being saying that it is in the works, but the date keeps slipping.

Hi kevin.
we had a meeting 2 weeks ago with the people of transport canada and Lotus USA and we are waiting for some news from Lotus some time next week, we have about 40 deposit yet for the car ,we are asking for a $2,500.00 deposit 100 % refundable at any time until we can put a firm order at Lotus.Let me know if you have any question.
Thank you
Bernard Durand

John Scotti Automotives Ltee
4550 Metropolitain east
St-Leonard,Montreal,
Quebec,Canada H1S 3A8
Tel:514-735-0555
Fax:514-735-3477
www.johnscotti.com
:(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

So I suppose there is hope. Weissach is also where I'd go as I live just outside of Vancouver.

I've seen the spy photo and story of the redesigned 2007 Elise and its mentioned that right from the start, it'll be certified for North American roads, so I can count on that. But, I like the looks of the current model. I hope it comes here next year.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I also emialed John Scotti in Montreal about 6 months ago. They 20 deposits already. Now that the hype of the car actually BEING here has come, I imagine that there are a lot more names on the lists in Canada. Back then, John Scotti said that TC was going to begin the testing and everything sometime around now. He also mentioned an early-mid 2005 delivery date. He then urged me to come down to the dealer (15 minutes away) to chose colours/options. He seemded very friendly, despite his poor English. This was all about 6 months ago though...

Does anyone know what the MSRP is in Canada? I'd imagine around 50,000-55,000$? Anyone know for sure?

Is John Scotti an actual, authorized Lotus dealer though? I think that they are. I also thought so for their Lamborghini office, but it appears they have to go through the Toronto dealer, which IS authorized Lamborghini dealer...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AnsisK said:
I also emialed John Scotti in Montreal about 6 months ago. They 20 deposits already. Now that the hype of the car actually BEING here has come, I imagine that there are a lot more names on the lists in Canada. Back then, John Scotti said that TC was going to begin the testing and everything sometime around now. He also mentioned an early-mid 2005 delivery date. He then urged me to come down to the dealer (15 minutes away) to chose colours/options. He seemded very friendly, despite his poor English. This was all about 6 months ago though...

Does anyone know what the MSRP is in Canada? I'd imagine around 50,000-55,000$? Anyone know for sure?

Is John Scotti an actual, authorized Lotus dealer though? I think that they are. I also thought so for their Lamborghini office, but it appears they have to go through the Toronto dealer, which IS authorized Lamborghini dealer...
Although one could base MSRP on the U.S. price and because of the fabulous rates we're now getting, yes it would be around the $50K range, but, since this car is built in the UK, I'm sure price would be based on Pounds and that, unfortunately is also strong. So I'm guessing it may be pushing close to $60K Cdn (don't quote me on this, I'm just guessing).

I'm originally from Montreal and I'd often visit John Scotti. I almost bought an old Lancia from them, but they wanted too much for it. They are official dealerships for both Lambo and Lotus. Many years ago, there was a problem with Lambo distributorship rights in Canada which once belonged to a Quebec company, but when Lambo was sold to Chrysler, that changed and was switched to another company without letting the previous one know about it. But that is a long story and off-topic from this forum...

I'm glad to hear that Canadian certification of the Elise is just arond the corner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MSRP

From what I've heard so far, the asking price in Canada would be based on the U.S. MSRP converted into Canadian $. At the time that I had heard that from both Scotti and Weissach, the exchange rate made the estimate 55 to 60K. If it does get TC approval, it will be interesting to see if the Canadian MSRP has dropped with exchange rate

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: MSRP

dogma said:
From what I've heard so far, the asking price in Canada would be based on the U.S. MSRP converted into Canadian $....
Hmmm, interesting. I suppose that's because all of the cars we would get come from U.S. Lotus headquarters (just like all Canadian Ferraris come from Ferrari North America in New Jersey...).

Lets hope our dollar stays strong for a long time! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts