The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a damaged elise, It has suffered damage to the front end so is missing a front clam shell, the radiator is missing and the crash structure is damaged. Just wondered if the damage to this structure would stop the fitting of a new clam shell once the radiator and cover is back in place? I dont want a perfect elise, just thought it would be fun on trackdays if i can fit a front clamshell and windscreen.
Thanks in advance for your help.
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/p4ilip/lotus-1.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am looking at buying a damaged elise, It has suffered damage to the front end so is missing a front clam shell, the radiator is missing and the crash structure is damaged. Just wondered if the damage to this structure would stop the fitting of a new clam shell once the radiator and cover is back in place? I dont want a perfect elise, just thought it would be fun on trackdays if i can fit a front clamshell and windscreen.
Thanks in advance for your help.
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt243/p4ilip/lotus-1.jpg
I just repaired an elise with front damage and can tell you that the radiator support unfortunately has some mounting bolts on the front of the crash structure. but if you can mickey mouse something to support the rad. structure to keep it from flopping (around and not tearing apart the clam:eek:) its more than doable for a track car. other than the rad. structure flopping around and providing the lower crash structure is ok for the front skid plate:D to mount to you should have no problem with the clam.

·
Registered
725 Posts
You should put on a new or clean used crash structure no matter where it is driven.

I see that is not a Federal Elise.

There are sources in the UK for NEW crash structures around 700 EUR if you want to avoid the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.