The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

First, I'll start by saying that by glass I mean acrylic. MaineLotus did something similar a while ago (linked here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/clear-engine-cover-18514/) and did a great job. Most of the criticism is that there isn't much to show off inside, which is why I tinted the glass quite a bit in the photoshop. Doing just black acrylic is also an option. Design was mostly inspired by the glass engine cover of the LP640. I think that the current vents look too much like window blinds. :shrug:

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not my cup o tea. I haven't examined the underside, but would it be possible to flush mount a piece of flexible polycarbonate? It can be had with a pretty tough scratch resistant coating so it wouldn't look like hell the first time it was wiped.

·
Registered
676 Posts
will there be openings for water drainage and heat? otherwise water will pool and heat wont rise

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not my cup o tea. I haven't examined the underside, but would it be possible to flush mount a piece of flexible polycarbonate? It can be had with a pretty tough scratch resistant coating so it wouldn't look like hell the first time it was wiped.

It would be possible to mount it flush, but them there would be no openings for heat to rise

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will there be openings for water drainage and heat? otherwise water will pool and heat wont rise
Slats would mount at the same angle but instead of 10 slats or so; there would be 3. Openings are where the slats overlap

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Elise #3935, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
375 Posts
Yup, not much to see.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.