The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals.

So anyway I have some minor damage to the rear. The underside of the Elise "spoiler" has some deep scratches:(. I could not find any punctures or cracking of the fiberglass inside or out. So hopefully a simple repair and paint.

My question is what is the best autobody shop around here (Ventura County) for Lotus repair? Any other advice? This is my first elise repair. His insurance is covering it.

BTW, it was a good friend of mine that backed into me with his F250. I was waiting for someone else to pull out and he did not see me and so we did a little bump and grind. I let my usually very good guard down and got myself into a bad situation:wallbang:. His truck actually was dented a bit just outside the bumper. The Elise actually came through pretty strong!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Wow sorry to hear about this, hopefully everything works out easy enough for ya. Make damn sure there isn't damage to the fiberglass hidden on the inside, you say it's ok but better be sure, don't want any cracks showing up later on

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
any body shop that has worked a lot on FG might be a good way to start, i know of a few body shops just in LA county city of industry or gardena ca

if you need contact info let me know

-good luck

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
From one Ventura County person to another, my word of advice is to just take in into LA to Specialty Car Craft.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. I'll probably go with the dealer recommended Auto Collision Center in T.O. I guess they have a lot of experience with Lotus cars and fiberglass bodies.

Don't have an estimate yet but the guy there said about $1k roughly and will take about a week. He said its the least damage he has seen on a Lotus.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
sorry about your car, Mark

hope you get it fixed soon.

ara

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
That sucks ! Are you going to have to get new starshield sections for the rear as well? If my car ever gets damaged and needs some body work I think I am going to have the entire car re-shot in the same Ardent Red color but with real automotive paint and many many layers of real clear coat . My main concern would be color matching though. Lotus uses water based paint that is so thin that I swear I think I got a scratch from hitting a large insect on my Santa Barbara trip !

Also I thought Stig had mentioned a body shop better than specialty car craft in a thread but can't remember the name ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
The name is DentWerks

If Im not mistaken, I think that other body shop that the stig was speaking about was DentWerks. They do great work that is second to none from what I hear. They are also really close to Lotus Beverly Hills, Highly recommended.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Specialty Car Craft has worked on over 100 Elise's and over 25 Exige's as well as other exotics car such as, Bugatti Veyron, Bugatti EB110, Ferrari Enzo, F50, F40 and other Ferrari Challenge cars, to name a few. If you want to see photos, visit, MySpace.com - Specialty Car Craft - 30 - Male - LOS ANGELES, California - www.myspace.com/specialtycarcraft, SCC - Specialty Car Craft or email me at [email protected]. I will be happy to provide you photos of the vehicles we have worked on. All local Lotus Dealerships send their vehicles to us for body work. SCC is proud to work with Symbolic of Las Vegas, which is Bugatti, Saleen S7, Lamborghini as wells as Bentley of Silicon Valley. You can rest assure that your vehicle will be repaired with the highest quality and number one customer service.

If you are still doubt, you can ask, Serebo1, FlashG, CPforyou, TheStig, Knucklehead, Ronin, SteveW, Rachel....need more?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got my car back from Auto Collision Center in Thousand Oaks. Looks perfect although it was only a minor repair ($1800).

Yes, they did replace the star shield in the back and the color matching looks great.

Thanks for all of your great advice everyone. I'll keep the other places mentioned here in mind but hopefully I will not need you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts