The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The upper portion of the headlight assembly on my 2005 Elise is looking a bit worn. The black outer portion seems to have a film that makes the black,,,well black. That film is degraded and peeled. This is occurring on both headlights. I can provide a photo if I have been unclear. What cosmetic solutions have you come up with to address this? Or am I the only one to experience this?

Matthew

05 KG Elise

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Larry, the gouges you show are not the type of issue I'm talking about. There is a zone around the cover that is blacked out. This blacked out region is experencing a peeling effect.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, no warranty left. I wonder if putting a smoke lens film over the light assembly would mask the issue.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Never scene this issue before. Have you tried talking to your dealer. Seems like Lotus should do something. Split the replacement cost or something.

Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I have not mentioned it to my dealer (FVMC). I will mention it to them. I had thought that this might be common. But It would seem I have something odd here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The upper portion of the headlight assembly on my 2005 Elise is looking a bit worn. The black outer portion seems to have a film that makes the black,,,well black. That film is degraded and peeled. This is occurring on both headlights. I can provide a photo if I have been unclear. What cosmetic solutions have you come up with to address this? Or am I the only one to experience this?

Matthew

05 KG Elise
Both of mine have started doing the exact same thing, so no, you're not the only one experiencing this. It doesn't really bother me too much, so I'm just living with it. Also, I'm out of warranty.

Martin
05 KG Elise (June build date)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts