The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Elise owners:

My horn stopped working and I believe it is a relay under the passenger side dash. I can hear I clicking when I push horn button. My question is how do you access it? It is really hard to lay on your back over the door sill to see it. Will removing the seat help? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Taking the seat out is very easy and makes it a lot easier to access the passenger side foot well.You can get to the horn itself by removing the front under tray, then you can check to see if the horn works and get power when you push the button.

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
253 Posts
Remove the seat and soft top, climb in on your back with your feet sticking up out the top. It's the only way to get under the dash.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, if its like my Elises, just autocross it through a slalom.. it will sound off as you aggressively drive it!! lol

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Sorry about that accidental post!

What I wanted to say is that I've worked under the dash without removing the seat. Just removing the softtop (or hardtop) is sufficient. However it is uncomfortable to be lying upside down while working there.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I found the hardest part is that there isn't room to roll onto one shoulder, so you have to lie on your back when your head is under the dash. Not sure where my legs would go if I didn't take the seat on that side out first...

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Yeah, I remove the top for that kind of work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts