The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All:
I was driving down Jamboree Road around lunch time today, and spotted the first Elise I've seen on the actual roads of U.S. soil. It was Starlight Black with black interior. I noticed the power windows so it must have at leat the touring package.
Does anyone claim this vehicle? If so, is it installed with the Stage II exhaust? The engine sounded excellent as it pulled away from me.
- dechien

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
It may very well have been Newport European's demo car, which is black on black, has LSS and the Stage II exhaust.
Yeah it sounds really good, doesn't it ?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
rock, what newport you talking? CA? nyc is a drive from newport! RI? another?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clarification

My apologies. Clarification of Newport as being Newport Beach, Orange County in Southern California.
Mikester seems to know what I'm talking about.
- dechien
P.S. As an aside, WAS there a Stage II Exhaust running around in Connecticut?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It may have been (past tense) Newport European's demo. But that car is now sold so I imagine the person you saw driving that car is the new owner.

Bob

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok, no more lurking. It was me.

Black on Black with Touring.

It was me that was seen stuck in traffic on the 405 last week too.

Thought I'd let everyone speculate about conspiracy theories for a while before i said Hi.

Actually it's not the Newport demo, I am not the enemy. Mine came in through a Florida dealership, slowly, delayed by 5000 mph winds.

Had the car 2 weeks, done the first service. (Highly recommend Newport European).

I'm a Brit ex-pat, living in Tustin.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rob - how 'bout some pics?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh, Stage One, by the way. So it surprises me that you said it sounded good as i pulled away. I've been thinking of getting the Stage II as this one sounds a bit tinny, especially when it's cold.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Welcome, Rob Ward !:D

P.S. I'm in Tustin too !

I have a history of chasing mystery Elises down, so if you see a silver Miata behind you, don't panic it's only me and I'm not really that dangerous...;)

Cheers, Mike G.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I would love to meet up and hear the stage I, I am seriously considering the Stage II (although I have not heard it).... can we have a Newport Beach Elise gtg soon? I am planning on being at Crystal Cove on Saturday morning for all who are in the area...

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Rob, welcome! Now there are at least two Elises in Tustin, with Mike's (Mikester) soon to come also, hopefully. Within a few months we will have quite a few in Orange County.

Between Orange County, San Diego county and Pasadena (couldn't leave you out Ron), there are a great group of Elise owners and waiters here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm definitely up for a Newport Beach area get together, but the Crystal Cove thing is alwasy at some insane time of the morning.

I'm not even sure if it's daylight at that time of day, and have no burning desire to find out.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts