The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not a big article. Small enough for me to type up. See, I do buy the mag to read the articals. ;)

Coming to America

Colin Chapman, the late, legendary founder of Lotus Cars, insisted that weight is the enemy. His legacy: ultra-light, super-handling sports cars that have won countless Formula 1 races. The company's latest masterpiece is the agile, minimalist Elise, which has been inciting unrequited lust in American autophiles for years. (It has been available in Europe since 1996.) Considered one of the best-handling cars in the world, this wicked speedster is finally available stateside. The lissome Elise is smaller than a Mazda Miata. Its high-revving (8,000 rpm!) 190 horsepower twin-cam four-cylinder engine rockets you to 60 mph in less than five seconds, and it's sophisticated suspension system lets it glide around curves like Halle Berry's loofah. All that at 32 mpg and a base price of (whoa!) less than $40,000. Is it any wonder there's already a waiting list at most of the 38 U.S. Lotus dealers?

end of article

There are then two photos of a silver Elise, with the following captions.

Bumper? A spare tire? Who needs 'em? The Lotus Elise features a super light race-inspired aluminum chassis that's riveted and bonded like a fighter plane's. With acceleration like this, the oversize ventilated disc brakes will come in handy.

This cockpit is so small that roadside romps can be a problem. But the drive itself will get you off. At your fingertips: a slick six-speed manual transmission, lightweight alloy wheels, Yokohama performance tires, a CD-radio, and a soft top. A small upgrade gets you a dashboard MP3 player.

That's the end of the article, but it gives you a good reason to go buy a Playboy. :)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
hermanslotus said:
You mean no playmate of the year on the hood of the Elise:( :(

Mitch
on the contrary, I found a pic of an Elise with a Bunny draped all over the hood of an Elise!

I'm attaching at the bottom, so if you're offended by these things do not scroll down.

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
huggy bear said:
Hey it's the Japanese bunny with the pancake on his head!:clap:
How do you know it's Japanese?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
mikester said:
Randy, that's fascinating and very strange ! I love that !

So how did you find out about Oolong ?
He is famous on some forums. I help to administer http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/index.php where there were many threads about Oolong over the last 4 years.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts