The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Elise has been used in any movies?

·
Registered
206 Posts
The English Job

If they did it would have to be a minor "role" unlike the MINIs The Italian Job. Since that car was so prominent in the picture they ended up using almost 40 cars in filming... I think that would put Lotus back half a month in production. And you think we whine alot now, imagine that uproar. :)

Jim

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
There was an Elise used in one of the episodes of TV show "JAG" last year. Funny thing was, it was supposed to be in DC, and there weren't any US legal Elises at the time of the filming...

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Not an Elise but there is a Silver Espirit in the Dodge Magnum Hearse commercial.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think the car in the Dodge commercial might be a Venturi.

AVS Venturi is (was?) a french manufacturer that raided the same parts bins as Lotus. Note the side mirrors. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
There was a 340R and one other Lotus (I forget which - I think an Exige) in Tomb Raider (the first one). They didn't do anything, but they were parked in Lara's garage during the home invasion sequence.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I heard it's gonna be in "Fastest Most Furious", the third in the F&F series, which will also feature "Funk Master Flex" to go with the FMF theme of the movie. :p

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Goose said:
I think the car in the Dodge commercial might be a Venturi.

AVS Venturi is (was?) a french manufacturer that raided the same parts bins as Lotus. Note the side mirrors. :D
I think that is it also. I thought it was one of the newer models but that looks more like it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Cordolf said:
There was a 340R and one other Lotus (I forget which - I think an Exige) in Tomb Raider (the first one). They didn't do anything, but they were parked in Lara's garage during the home invasion sequence.
Tomb raider had the only M250 in existance in a shot for about 2 seconds. (when she's riding her motorcylce around the garage)

Apparently it was returned to Lotus in worse shape than it left...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts