The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
G

·
I'm so glad I ordered the sports suspension with my Safron Yellow car.

Something about those wheels really finishes off the car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
645 Posts
raggedy1 said:
i take no offense in other's opinions. we are all entitled to our opinion and if we all liked the same cars/colors this would be a boring world...

I had originally planned on ordering CO, but I plan on keeping this car as long as it stays glued together. Orange is the "in" color today, but I'm not so sure how it will look 15 years from now. I think yellow will age more gracefully and if I ever tire of the red interior it will be easy to change to black.

So I may have minor regrets when I see the COM around, but I will love my SY/Red Elise for a long, long time...
FINALY! Someone that doesn't post a thread asking "What do YOU think?".

I don't like the colors but as long as you like it, I'm happy (not that you care though :)).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
kellzey said:
I'm so glad I ordered the sports suspension with my Safron Yellow car.

Something about those wheels really finishes off the car!

I too love the look of the sport pack wheels. It was the one option I insisted on. I could have lived with a non-touring pack car figuring if I really wanted leather I could always add that on later. Figured it would be easier to switch to leather than to switch over the entire suspension....

I would prefer the aluminum window cranks myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,664 Posts
Not that it's incredibly hard to believe coming from me, but I actually considered blue interior on my KG car. Eventually I convinced myself that it was too over the top, but now I'm beginning to think maybe it wouldn't have been such a bad idea.

I'm sure most of you think otherwise :p

I personally don't like the ketchup and mustard look, but to each his/her own. I can't really talk anyway, I have strange taste myself :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
Not that it's incredibly hard to believe coming from me, but I actually considered blue interior on my KG car. Eventually I convinced myself that it was too over the top, but now I'm beginning to think maybe it wouldn't have been such a bad idea.

I'm sure most of you think otherwise :p
don't know about blue on green, but the krypton green grows on me more and more.
i think it will be a "rare" color as most won't have the desire to be seen in such a wild color (and won't be ordering it), but many will appreciate the color for it uniqueness.
i see it as a signature color for the 1st year (for the U.S.) Elise, even more so than CO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,607 Posts




hey, if people are gonna call me the great pumpkin you have to take your licks too. ;) :D :p

Congrats on the purchase!
 

·
Lotus Sales
Joined
·
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hey Andy,
Stay strong!!!! They're just jealous.......

Hey Randy,
I think the lines are so incredibly beautiful, just about any color combination works...............No offense to anyone who may have ordered Aztec Bronze, but please pass the barf bag.......

The SY and Red in person looks FANTASTIC!!! MHO....... It is crying out for a Yellow console, Black wheels and a Black diffuser........Yellow does make it go faster and so do racing stickers and a Stage II exhaust!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,204 Posts
Andy,
It is AWESOME! These cars need to make a statement!:D
I plan to put a jac-o-lantern sticker in my rear window for halloween!
I also think the Krypton Green is totally cool.:clap:
Perry__________
2005 Chrome Orange Elise (HRM Spcl) It's mine baby!:drool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
thanks Mark and Perry

Mark, I really like the wheels you did on the RG HRM special. The gloss dark grey is something I like much more than going powdercoat black. Too bad I can't spend any more money on the baby right now...

Perry,
I'm jealous of your Jack-O-Lantern Elise! It is awesome and I had first licks at it but couldn't reach that far in price. I'm glad you got it so I have the chance to see it in person!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
971 Posts
Andy,

It is your car so you are the only one it needs to please. An Elise in any color looks good. And you won't be like me commenting that Burt Rutan has my car, and any number of other folks with LRG and Biscuit Elises all have the same car.

And I feel your pain about the wait. My car arrived at Autostrada on the fifth, and I am finally leaving tomorrow night to go pick it up.

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
Lumn8r said:
Andy,

It is your car so you are the only one it needs to please. An Elise in any color looks good. And you won't be like me commenting that Burt Rutan has my car, and any number of other folks with LRG and Biscuit Elises all have the same car.

And I feel your pain about the wait. My car arrived at Autostrada on the fifth, and I am finally leaving tomorrow night to go pick it up.

Andy
thanks andy,

Ahhh! i have to wait until next week for delivery! the transport is all full for this week's trip.

argh!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
That combo is not for me, but isn't it great that we can get so many colors/combinations? Cudos to Lotus for the awesome selection. Driving an Elise already separates us from the crowd; picking out our own combinations makes each one special to individuals.
 
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Top