The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time with this. The following companies would not quote on the Elise in Texas:

Geico
Liberty Mutual
State Farm

Progressive quoted, still waiting to hear back from Farmer's and Allstate.

Anyone else had any luck?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i would avoid progressive and geico.

Allstate, Farmers, and State Farm should be your best bets.

I don't know much about Liberty Mutual

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks HB. :)

Farmer's just got back to us (they do our home insurance). Their rate was the best so far. Quoted for our 350Z and the Elise. Elise was $739.50 for 6 months. 250/500/100, $1000 deductable.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I have Liberty Mutual in Florida but I have 2 cars on the policy and my homeowners insurance with them, so I think I save 20%, plus a 20% 2 car discount and I am getting a break since they give members of a credit union I belong to an additional discount. I will be paying about $1600 a year total for the Elise and my 99 Cougar. I had to have it approved by their underwriting department and it took a few weeks before they got back to me. They said it is based on a value of $45K for the car, but might adjust as more info is found out.

Maybe they feel bad since they doubled my homeowners insurance in the last 4 years becasue of hurricane peril. I am paying 4 times more than what a similar house in a non-hurricane area would pay.

I was going to go with Haggertys, Grundy. or Parrish Heacock, but then I would lose the 2 car discount and would have restrictons about mileage, etc, so I figure its better to insure it like a daily driver/ second car with no restrictions.

I'm 45 and have a perfect driving record.

·
Registered
394 Posts
girlracer said:
I'm having a hard time with this. The following companies would not quote on the Elise in Texas:

Geico
Liberty Mutual
State Farm

Progressive quoted, still waiting to hear back from Farmer's and Allstate.

Anyone else had any luck?
Liberty Mutual is also used by AAA as an additional underwriter for some cars that AAA considers extrere high risk. When I contacted AAA for a quote on the elise, the lady read a speach to me about the alum. parts on the car "this and that" and how AAA will not insure an elise..... They said libery mitual would at an extreme premium, I am however 24 years old, soon to be 25 in a few months...

ap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts