The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Well it would help a lot if there were a selection of tires for the Elise...

* Smaller than stock diameter with greater than stock width and able to work well on our wheel widths and corner weights. The smaller diameter would legally lower the car and slightly help out the gearing. 245/35/17? 245/40? 225/35? etc.

* Various diameter rears to help tune gearing a bit? Maybe this could help a bit with course dependency.

* From what I have seen so far the supersticky 710 won't be out in suitable sizes for our cars. The just-announced 215/40/16 might work up front...but what to do out back. And the supersticky Hoosier seems to be stumbling and wear prone.

* Limited slip appears to be headed our way. I wonder if wider rears might help with wheelspin...maybe some retuning of the setup will be needed.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Well...locally Elises have been running in SS without protests. If the same previously occured with this group then the protest would be kinda sad since a local precedent would have been set you might think. Jer maybe you helped set that precedent! We just had the Tri-State Invitational and the Elise won SS. I'd hope that if the Elise does well at the PA event that a protest is not made and upheld. I suppose it's possible though. The decision was apparently already made but won't be published for another 1-2 weeks. That's plenty of time for next season. And by then way over 1,000 cars will be out there.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>If they protest and win, I'm not too concerned.<<<

I wonder if the alleged potential protestor is that ZO6 guy that had FORTY (40) runs at a recent local PA area autocross event. For practice and to set up his Vette while everyone else had the normal amount of runs and only in their run group and not whenever they felt like it.

The Elise has 'em scared folks! Gotta love it!

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>The Falken Azenis are I think 140 and are pretty sticky..perhaps close to the Yokohama A048s which are rated at 60<<<

The Falken Azenis is rated at 200!! So are G-Force KDs. To me it seems like the KD has comparable grip to the AO48 rated at 60. This is in the lower temps in the Northeast at the moment. I have KDs on my STX E30 M3. In the last event, my best time for the day in the 4 cylinder M3 on KDs was about 3 seconds slower than the best time in a well driven Hoosier shod Elise.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Stan neglaected to mention that HE was the giant killer in SS last weekend. CONGRATS STAN!!! And he did it with AO48s! <<<

Thanks. That was just a local fun event though. Still it was nice to be wiping off my car with quick detailer spray and a microfiber cloth to remove dust while others were removing slicks and loading their cars onto trailers. When you get a PAX or RAW FTD at this club, you get a foot square plaque that you temporarily place on your car door during the event so everyone knows what's up during the event. And if someone beats you then the plaque moves over to their car. And at the awards besides a class trophy, you get a smaller FTD plaque that is about playing card sized. You run your collection of these things on your car at subsequent events. Some guys have a door full.

BUT. They are magnetic!!! Time for some blue tape...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.