The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I ran again this weekend on saturday. By the end of the day I was 5 seconds off the best time of the day which was a Z06 on Khumos. (77.9 vs 72.9)

Bearing in mind I'm a novice driver and I'm running on the Neova (sp) tires, I think that the Z06's should be worried.

The best news of the weekend for me is that regionally they run a SK1 series, which is a handicapped class on street tires. I'll run in that next year, so I can have a year of fun without worrying about tires and suspension mods. That will get me used to competing and give me lots of seat time.

Only one question, to get in that class, you need tire wear rating of over 140. Does anyone know what the rating is on the Neovas?

Steve

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
That was a pretty tight course. I didn't get out of second gear for the whole thing, but I did get to the top of second gear... (60ish)

In fact is was so tight before lunch that they modified it at lunch time to take one of the hairpins out.

Having ridden along with a couple of good drivers this time out, I'm sure that there is at least 3 seconds to be had from the driver. The other guys are so smooth and deliberate, and right on top of the cones. I may be picking it up quickly, but I'm a long way behind.

I'm taking the EVO 1 class in December. (organised by Robert Puertas) I can't wait for that.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.