The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
If I was racing nationally, I'd be very concerned. As for local autoXs, I doubt I'll ever see a GT3 there (just like I've never seen a Viper), and I'm competitive with the Vettes as is. It all sounds fine to me. Now the new killer Vette concerns me mightily. Randy-maybe you guys should sandbag for a year and get us pushed down to AS ;)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I have it from a good source that one set of Vette drivers is very "concerned" about our Elise in SS at the PA championships. They aren't worried about me, but they are quite concerned with Perry and Brian. I wouldn't be surprised if they protest the Elise on Sunday.

Do we have anything to support the Elise in SS excluding the probable class to SS in 2005? What about this year? UI mentioned that any unclassed car goes into SS, but was quoted the 1000 cars sold rule.

Is there anything else to hang our respecitve hats on this weekend? I never realized how competitive and pathetic people could get over this hobby. Very dissappointing.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Stan neglaected to mention that HE was the giant killer in SS last weekend. CONGRATS STAN!!! And he did it with AO48s!

I ran SS against these same Vette owners two weekends ago, and they had nothing to say then, although they were all over me about my times and "could I get more out of it" questions. I naively told them I was a rank amateur with street tires. doh!

If they protest and win, I'm not too concerned. I'm racing for experience, and have no delusions about winning this competition. Brian and Perry might have a different point of view. I'll tell you this-if they protest, I'm going to every school available and will invest in Hoosiers just to wipe the floor with them in the future. I can be a spiteful bastard. :evil:

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Stan-they are one in the same. The guys seemed nice enough, I guess as long as they're not threatened. Now it makes sense. 40 + runs to prepare for this weekend. Now I'm even more pissed. I may not be able to take them, but I'll be rooting for Perry and Brian.

I need to get better-fast. Maybe Perry and Brian can divulge some secrets.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Dan, that may be especially true when the new Vette comes out. The existing Vettes are extremely formidable, too.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Steve-from what I'm seeing, hearing and experiencing, here's where that five seconds is for you:

1) AD07s vs. AO48s: 1.5 second gain
2) AO48s vs. Hoosiers: another 1.5 seconds gain (3 total on tires)
3) Experience is good for at least 1.5-2 seconds, even if you're a pretty competent driver. If you're NOT a terribly competent driver, that could be many seconds
4) It sounds like, based on the length of the course, that it was pretty big and wide open. That's more of a Vette course. A shorter, twistier course lends itself more to the Elise's capabilites. That's probably another second.

So if you were an experienced driver, running the stickiest tires with the proper setup, on a shorter course, you could beat them. Even on that course you'd be right there. (This is the sort of logic that keeps me going LOL)
:D

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Robert-bring one to PA!!

Steve-the first course I ran was on 27 seconds long, and looking back I could have easily run the whole course in 1st gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.