The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An older gentleman in a Silverado crossed into my lane and sideswiped me. Driver's side mirror was sheared off and his tire rubbed up the front of my car around the wheel well. Star shield is damaged in that area. Unfortunately, the nearest dealer is over 300 miles from here. I'm sure I will need some paint. My passenger side front tire also jumped a curb. I do t feel anything amiss. Any suggestions about what to look for? At what level of damage will my title be flagged on Carfax? Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Post Pics.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Sorry to hear.

Get the frame checked out by the dealer... God this is the reason I love living in a big city... 3-4 dealers in 20 mile radius

·
give me my second cam!
478 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident,I hope you are ok. If the car is professionally repaired it will more than likely show up on the carfax for the car. However there are some cases were some repair history reports slip through the cracks and don't show up on it. If I were you I would take your wheel off that jumped the curb and check for any aluminum frame damage..hopefully there is nothing there to write home about. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Carfax is hit or miss.

I have had a 2500$ repair on a car and it says all the details on car fax, and there was a 31,000$ repair on a car, with not a peep on carfax.

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts
Not trying to be an ass (this time) but that looks like it really might buff out.

His insurance may end up buying you a pair of beautiful new BOE carbon fiber mirrors and a new marker light from Lotus Garage. :up:

Most important, glad you're OK.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It definitely won't buff out, but it's good to hear that it doesn't look that bad to an objective observer! If you look real close, you can see my broken heart in the driver's seat! Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
You did get off lucky, very lucky. Suck the perp dry! There's to few of us out there lately and we are getting smaller!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
looks like you might have avoided some serious damage and wait time.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Glad no one was hurt - on balance....not too bad for the car as long as the curb did not hurt anything.

·
Registered
551 Posts
This is exactly why I'm afraid of driving on freeways in mine. Large vehicles can't see you, especially, as in this case, if you're on their passenger side and they want to change lanes. I always try to avoid driving directly next to passenger sides of cars or in blind spots.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Damage looks relatively minor, and while it may not just buff out, it looks like just a few deep scratches, almost a Dr. Colorchip type fix, but at most only a small spray. I had more than this done on a car by a Dealer body shop and nothing on CARFAX. I purchased a car recently that had the front bumper sprayed due to bugs and dings, and it did show up, so as others posted, hard to predict. Hope your repairs go well.

·
Premium Member
12,005 Posts
This is exactly why I'm afraid of driving on freeways in mine. Large vehicles can't see you, especially, as in this case, if you're on their passenger side and they want to change lanes. I always try to avoid driving directly next to passenger sides of cars or in blind spots.
Yes, this is key.

Also, use the leftmost lane whenever possible.

And, watch the frt wheels of any car near you. You'll see where they're going very early.

For more, check out my Driving Tips threads (3).

·
Registered
712 Posts
My car too was a victim of an unfortunate event a couple of months ago. I've periodically checked my vehicle history report and so far nothing has showed up. Then again I haven't gotten the car back either.

How long does it typically take for incidents to show up?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts