The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once again, the PP TS Elise was at PIR for the ALMS race. I sat in the car(they would only let deposit holders get in it this time) and I have to say, the seats fit me perfectly. I slid the seat up and and I cant believe how snug everything this. Great back support and perfect superior/inferior position also. Seems like the car was made for me...:). Love that small steering wheel also. The quality of the leather was just like I remembered it and was high quality. The pedal spacing is going to be perfect when I put on my replicats. With my wide sandals on, it was hard not to hit the brakes while hitting the gas pedal.

Im not very tall and big so if I fit prefectly in this car, Im wondering how the large 6'3" guys are going to fit in this car??? I also wonder how a size 10 shoe isnt going to have probs with pedal spacing. To be honest, I cannot see how a taller person could track the car with helmet on unless they go topless.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I'm 6' 2" skinny and size 12 shoes, pedal spacing isnt a problem for me, I have chosen to wear driving shoes but I would be able to drive with most shoes, although I think wearing the big wide nike type athletic is problematic for me (it was on the 111R). Just feel more comfortable in a narrow shoe.

Plenty of head and leg room for me too, have been driving it daily since I got it. No problem with ingress and egress top on or off.
Chris

·
Registered
41 Posts
Helmet clearance

Hey, can you put a tape to your elise...

... and tell us how much torso room there is? That is, what's the measurement from the seat to the crown of the roll hoop/ body piece behind your head?

This would be useful to know, to calculate 'broomstick' clearance.

Thanks!
Scott

zvezdah1 said:
I'm 6' 2" skinny and size 12 shoes, pedal spacing isnt a problem for me, I have chosen to wear driving shoes but I would be able to drive with most shoes, although I think wearing the big wide nike type athletic is problematic for me (it was on the 111R). Just feel more comfortable in a narrow shoe.

Plenty of head and leg room for me too, have been driving it daily since I got it. No problem with ingress and egress top on or off.
Chris

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm 6'2" with size 12 shoes. I was told that the pedal spacing in the federal Elise was changed from previous versions. I drove the Federal Elise this weekend and did not have a problem with the pedal spacing in regular dress shoes. Yet it's still close enough for racing. Those brits did their homework. I'm not sure about the head spacing (with helmet), I can only speculate that it's enough for a 6'2" guy, but I know it also depends on the height of your torso. So for everyday driving, I can say that generally speaking us tall guys (I'd think at least up to 6'4") do fit.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm 6'4" and drove the Fed Elise, head clearance wasn't a problem neither was pedal spacing. I think the car is quite spacious inside as long as you are not too big on the "horizontal".

·
Registered
159 Posts
I haven't driven the elise yet, but did have a chance to sit in a press car. I'm 6'3" and although the fit was adequate, I have some reservation about the line of sight out the front windshield. Have to drive one to really know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts