The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 120 of 1694 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I may have missed it in an earlier post but how is the alarm functioning when the car ignition is off, is that display totally blank? I live in a city like leaving the top off when I drop into the grocery store but also like the alarm being set and maybe the red flashing light is a deterrent .

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
8 inch,

I would have loved to fit it, but it would have needed a shroud mod.
attachmentid=682649[/url]
I just noticed today while searching for parts, ORE sells a CF replacement binnacle (link). If going larger is beneficial I bet you could work with them to have a custom one made to fit the screen. Just a thought.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Regarding the GPS and track timer function etc. maybe it would be somehow easier to get the dash to sync with iPhones or android phones running a program such as Harry's lap timer app.??? I don't know if this is possible but it would be cool if it was.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I may have missed it in an earlier post but how is the alarm functioning when the car ignition is off, is that display totally blank? I live in a city like leaving the top off when I drop into the grocery store but also like the alarm being set and maybe the red flashing light is a deterrent .
Display blank , there is no provision for the flashing led .

Will it be missed ? The wire powering the led could be connected up to a separate led to fit elsewhere .

I will be fitting some buttons in the front of the dash , I will look into illuminating the area somehow.

I will need to check all wiring schematics for all models to see if it can be done

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
8 inch,

I would have loved to fit it, but it would have needed a shroud mod.
attachmentid=682649[/url]
I just noticed today while searching for parts, ORE sells a CF replacement binnacle (link). If going larger is beneficial I bet you could work with them to have a custom one made to fit the screen. Just a thought.
I could supply a 12.3 wide lcd in a slim enclosure for customers to make their own fitting solution.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Regarding the GPS and track timer function etc. maybe it would be somehow easier to get the dash to sync with iPhones or android phones running a program such as Harry's lap timer app.??? I don't know if this is possible but it would be cool if it was.
Technically possible yes.
I will be working with dataloggers to Sync their Laptimer

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm an electrical engineer and currently design OBD2 devices to interface with CAN networks. I'm sure you have what you need but wanted to offer any help and my interest in this project. I'd hope you could get closer to 300-500 for the LCD kit maybe with a group buy or possibly the lotus garage caring it. Best of luck, hope to see this an option regardless.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I'm an electrical engineer and currently design OBD2 devices to interface with CAN networks. I'm sure you have what you need but wanted to offer any help and my interest in this project. I'd hope you could get closer to 300-500 for the LCD kit maybe with a group buy or possibly the lotus garage caring it. Best of luck, hope to see this an option regardless.
Thanks for the offer of help ,
Price is paramount and if I could get it down that low I would.

Other LCD dashes are very expensive and are simply not selling in any volume , I aim to put a solution withing the budget of a tuner/modder

First production run will commence soon and prices are being worked on.

101 - 120 of 1694 Posts